Corsair Community

Need RMA for VS512MB400C3

reaktor

This is the 2nd time I had to RMA a module. I just had an RMA processed for the other stick (I bought them as a 1GB kit, (2) 512MB modules). One of them started giving me BSOD errors. Ran all the tests, confirmed that it was bad, sent it back, got the return.

Upon installing the new RAM, everything seemed fine for all of 3 days. Since then, the computer would reboot randomly, BSOD, etc. The last error message I got was a BAD_POOL_HEADER error message.

I googled the error and found a few responses explaining running memtest86. I remembered having to run this program before the first time when I had bad memory, so this time, still having the CDROM, I re-ran memtest86, low and behold to find that I had failing RAM.

I cant quite be certain that this is the new stick that had just gotten RMA'd or the old stick, however, I followed the same procedure that I was given before and all the tests conclude failing results on memtest86.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And which module is failing?

Mb: ABIT IS7-E2

CPU: P4 2.8Ghz 800Mhz FSB

BIOS: Fail-Safe Settings (If there is a specific value that is required, let me know and I will provide it) There has not been any customizing of the bios.

Any other information that I could provide?

I'll have to wait until I get home to give a better description of the cpu bios settings as I'm currently at work, however, they're set at default, if that helps at all which I doubt.

The errors occur from test #1 and on. Also, this is only one of the modules. I have been able to isolate it to only one, it fails in either DIMM slot.

Archived