Corsair Community

Unsync AIO and CoPro fans

Baio

Hi there,

Just installed the latest version of iCue… wondering if there is a way to unsync the RGB effects of the H150Pro and the fans controlled via the Commander Pro.

I have 7 LL120 fans connected to the 2 RGB headers of the CoPro, so if I choose a differente effect for the AIO, iCue unsyncs also the fans… I'd like to have the AIO RGB effect alone and all the 7 fans synched togheter.

Thanks.

Baio

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

Each device ... and even each individual LED ... can have its own effect.

There is Lighting Link that applies the same effect to all devices but not only is that optional, it can be at a lower layer or even turned off for a specific device.

When you apply your 'rainbow wave' (or whatever), shift+left click drag to remove the three LL fans on the radiator. Create a new effect. It will automatically apply to all fans. Left click once anywhere on the fan display and they will all go off. Re-apply it with shift+left click drag to the three H150i fans.

However, if this is more than a passing fancy, maybe you want to re-arrange your lighting connections. It seems like you are running 6 + 1 on two RGB Lighting Hubs. That means you have to go to channel 2 to set one fan each time. If you move the three H150i fan lighting wires to the second hub, then the H150i is effectively channel 2 and the all the others are on Ch 1. That makes doing separate lighting one step easier.

Thanks to both for your replays… I wrote the post this morning in a bit hurry and forgot to speak about connections… the 3 AIO's fans are connected to channel 1 of the CoPro, the other 4 to channel 2.

What I'm trying to do is to make all 7 fans sync togheter and leave the RGB light from the AIO (meaning the light effect of the waterblock) act differently.

Here is what I've experienced so far.

If I set a different effect for the AIO, I can't get the 7 fans in the 2 CoPro's channels to sync correctly. I if set for the fans any effect under the Lightning link, also the AIO starts to sync.

If I sync the 7 fans (without setting a Lightning Link effect, just 2 identical effects), then set a different effect for the AIO and the reboot iCue, the AIO goes blank and I need to reset it manually.

Thanks again!

Baio

OK, you want to do the complete opposite. Not unsync, but sync the two fan channels together. The H150i pump LED will always do it's own thing. It is not tied to the fans at all, except when using a lighting link across the entire system.

If the effect changes when you restart iCUE or reboot, then either you were not working in the default profile or you are creating effects in the Actions Library. Don't work in the Library. It is for copying and pasting effects to other profiles or devices. It will preview what you have selected so you can see it, but that does not apply it.

Lighting Links are applied to the entire system, but can be toggled off on individual devices. So for your 4+3 set up, apply a lighting link from any one of your devices. It will apply to them all. Go to the H150i tab. Click on the Lighting Link in the menu left to hide it (closed eye). Now add (+) whatever effect you want for the pump LED.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

Each device ... and even each individual LED ... can have its own effect.

There is Lighting Link that applies the same effect to all devices but not only is that optional, it can be at a lower layer or even turned off for a specific device.

When you apply your 'rainbow wave' (or whatever), shift+left click drag to remove the three LL fans on the radiator. Create a new effect. It will automatically apply to all fans. Left click once anywhere on the fan display and they will all go off. Re-apply it with shift+left click drag to the three H150i fans.

However, if this is more than a passing fancy, maybe you want to re-arrange your lighting connections. It seems like you are running 6 + 1 on two RGB Lighting Hubs. That means you have to go to channel 2 to set one fan each time. If you move the three H150i fan lighting wires to the second hub, then the H150i is effectively channel 2 and the all the others are on Ch 1. That makes doing separate lighting one step easier.

OK, you want to do the complete opposite. Not unsync, but sync the two fan channels together. The H150i pump LED will always do it's own thing. It is not tied to the fans at all, except when using a lighting link across the entire system.

If the effect changes when you restart iCUE or reboot, then either you were not working in the default profile or you are creating effects in the Actions Library. Don't work in the Library. It is for copying and pasting effects to other profiles or devices. It will preview what you have selected so you can see it, but that does not apply it.

Lighting Links are applied to the entire system, but can be toggled off on individual devices. So for your 4+3 set up, apply a lighting link from any one of your devices. It will apply to them all. Go to the H150i tab. Click on the Lighting Link in the menu left to hide it (closed eye). Now add (+) whatever effect you want for the pump LED.

That did it!

I was sure there must be a way but Corsair didn't make it simple… to me it's just non intuitive to click the icon on the left as there's a menu on the right!

By they way I discovered that I can get the same result if I select the same effect for the 2 channels of the CoPro (at that moment they don't sync) and then simply restart iCue (and so they sync).

But your way it's the way it's ment to be.

Thanks again.

Baio