Corsair Community

Does iCUE chew up a lot of processing power?

Creaze

I am planning on having many corsair rgb products in my upcoming build but after reading through threads it seems like many people have issues with iCUE software and its high processing usage? I have x3LL fans and vengeance pro rgb ram.

Only for software control of the RAM. You can still pick any of the presets, static colors, or a multi-static color layout in hardware mode. That is something being worked on.

Everything else out there is a combination of install errors, short terms bugs, or the occasional person who thinks 1.5% of their CPU power is excessive and extreme. It doesn't really matter how many devices you hook into the system. Right now my CPU usage trickles between 0.7-1.4% (with the app closed) with 2 keyboards, RAM, CPU block, 6 LL fans, 1 mouse and the LS100 + expansion doing loops around the desk.

Not as of today's update :) https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192969

Only for software control of the RAM. You can still pick any of the presets, static colors, or a multi-static color layout in hardware mode. That is something being worked on.

Everything else out there is a combination of install errors, short terms bugs, or the occasional person who thinks 1.5% of their CPU power is excessive and extreme. It doesn't really matter how many devices you hook into the system. Right now my CPU usage trickles between 0.7-1.4% (with the app closed) with 2 keyboards, RAM, CPU block, 6 LL fans, 1 mouse and the LS100 + expansion doing loops around the desk.

Okay thanks, that'd good to know! Oh wow you have a lot of products running from it, so that is definitely comforting for me.

Also, one last question, with the LL fans once you load a preset of colors can you use that preset as the default and close iCUE? Once you close it will the fans remain on that preset and always default to that preset even when you turn your computer off/on or restart it?

Also, one last question, with the LL fans once you load a preset of colors can you use that preset as the default and close iCUE? Once you close it will the fans remain on that preset and always default to that preset even when you turn your computer off/on or restart it?

Whatever is controlling your LL fans (Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro) has small amount of internal memory. If you go to the LNP or C-Pro tab in iCUE, then click on Lighting Channel 1/2, it will open and reveal the 'Hardware Lighting' tab. This is the lighting behavior when iCUE is not running, including boot and shutdown. You can't do all effects. Just presets or static, but this is an improvement from the old days of death by rainbow. The setting is automatic once set. No need to save it to the device like on mice/keyboards.