Corsair Community

Fans performance

TechUNN

I'm having an issue with controlling my fans rpm I can control the 4 case fans but they only go up to 450 rpm no matter how I set the fan curve....and my 2 water cooler fans I can not control but they spin around 1200 rpm...i have 4 'LL 120 rgb pros for case fan....and I have the h115i pro cooler but the fans for that cooler are not stock I upgraded them to the SO 140 rgb pro...any suggestions on what might be the issue?all is wires through commander pro with 2 rgb hubs

I upgraded them to the SO 140 rgb pro...

SP140-RGB PRO? https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/RGB-%26-LED-Fans/iCUE-SP-Series-RGB-PRO-Performance/p/CO-9050093-WW

Yes, that would create a problem. All the SP fans are 3 pin DC motors. All AIO coolers use PWM (4 pin) fan controllers. They likely run at maximum all the time. Fortunately, you have something of a solution. Connect the fan motor wires (chunky 3 pin connector) to the Commander Pro. In the Commander Pro Performance tab, hit the + to create a new fan curve, then go to the newly created graph at the bottom. First, change the Sensor drop down value to H115i Pro temp. This is coolant temp. Then go to the three shape tools in the upper right hand corner of the graph. Those correspond to the Quiet, Balanced, and Extreme presets in the cooler. Choose quiet or balanced for now. Finally, click the newly created "cooling mode" in the left side panel. It will highlight yellow. Then click on the two fans from the radiator (whichever fan # you ran the wire to). It will ring yellow. Now the curve is applied.

If the LL fan motor wires are connected to the Commander Pro, they should show in fan slots 1-4. You will need to create a fan curve for those as well. The default Quiet, Balanced, Extreme settings in the C-Pro DO NOT mean the same thing as they do with the cooler. They are based on CPU temp and completely unusable. You need to set up a new curve. You can mirror the cooler fan settings to create airflow balance. You can tie one to GPU temp. Whatever, but get off CPU temps control. It will be very unsatisfying and erratic at best.

Most people have initial difficulties getting meaning curves create and applied. If that is still not sorting things, you need to post a screen shot of the Performance Tab for the Commander Pro so we can see.