Corsair Community

Lighting Node Core

mdblaz87

Newbie here to the RGB world, i went through the Zotty's FAQs and one thing wasn't very clear to me.

I know that the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub can only take one type of fan per hub, but for the Lighting Node Core it didn't say that.

My question is, can I connect 3 LL and 3 QL (or 3ML and 3QL) fans to one Lighting Node Core and be able to control all the fans via iQUE?

Thanks in advance!

Hi dude...

technically..... you can mix SP Pro/HD/LL/ML RGB fans on the same RGB Fan LED Hub and the Lighting Node Core. it's the SP RGB Fans that can be mixed at all.

What wont work correctly is certain RGB effects in iCUE. this is due to how iCUE counts the LEDs in the Chain and where specific groups of LEDs are in that chain.

you would also have to work out what to tell iCUE you have connected to that channel so it accounts for the extra LEDs. if as you said.. 3 LL and 3 QL is on the same hub then you would tell icue you have 5 QL fans connected. this would allow for the extra 43 LEDs in the the 3 LL fans.. that make sense?

you would also have to work out what to tell iCUE you have connected to that channel so it accounts for the extra LEDs. if as you said.. 3 LL and 3 QL is on the same hub then you would tell icue you have 5 QL fans connected. this would allow for the extra 43 LEDs in the the 3 LL fans.. that make sense?

I think so. So I built my first PC few weeks back in early Dec and I got the corsair 570x case (3 default fans), and a H100i rgb platinum (2ML) and bought 1 LL fan for the exhaust (didn't realize at the time the new QL fans were out).

I quickly realized that only my ML were showing up on iCUE for control and the rest weren't. So I was trying to figure out if I buy the QL 120 3 pack with Lighting node core, would I need to exchange out my other LL for a QL or would the 3 pack be sufficient enough.

Judging by your answer, I think just the 3 pack should be fine and I can control the LL with it as well.