Corsair Community

iCUE forward/back

medwardl

Is there a way to shut off the default button function without disabling the button entirely? Having forward and back tied to my side buttons is causing issues but I also need those buttons for push to talk. Would really like to keep the buttons active but have no function tied to them.

thank you

Presumably the push to talk feature has an in game or application keyboard bind like "T", F4, or some other standard key. In my experience, the better way to deal with it is to bind the side key to that same keyboard key on the mouse for a game specific profile. Some mice also have a sniper/option button that also requires being bound this way. Not sure what model you have.

Forward and Back mouse buttons have a native function outside of iCUE. Kill the software and they will still do their assigned function. In order to make them selectively work, you must make selective application profiles and link they to the .exe or manually change. That would mean making a general profile with the side buttons disabled, then dragging that profile to the top of the list to make it the default. Then you need to make individual profiles for Discord and each and every game you play were you need the side buttons to be enabled.

The indirect approach may be easier and you should create a new profile for Explorer/Chrome/Firefox etc. that has the side buttons disabled. Link it to the exe. That will kill the for/back page change in that specific browser. It will not apply to any other application so if you are having problems outside of the browser environment, this won't help.