Corsair Community

h150i pro rgb + 3 LL 120s + 1 LL 140

Schwoopty

I need some help figuring out what additional hardware I need to make sure the fans and rgb are all powered and identified appropriately.

I'm using a NZXT h710 case with a MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC LGA 1151 mobo. I ordered the h150i pro rgb which looks like it comes with three ml 120s. Going to front mount the radiator, put the three 120s up top with the 140 in the back.

With seven total fans, four LL series and three ML series, what else do I need to make it all work? The three-pack LL 120s comes with a lightning node.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The triple pack of LL120s will come with the required Lighting Node Pro and RGB Lighting Hub to power and control the lighting for up to 6 fans. If you buy them all as singles, you will have to acquire those pieces separately and that is normally a more expensive method. Be aware the ML fans on the H150i Pro are not RGB - just plain grey ML-Quiet fans. If you want those to be RGB, you will need more fans. You also may not want to rush. CES 2020 starts next week. Companies often time the launch of new products to coincide with that event.

The H150i has its own fan controller and that will make the radiator fans software controllable. The others will need to be powered through your motherboard.

Thanks for the heads up on the non-rgb fans. I’ll probably end up just getting a second three-pack of the ll-120s as a replacement for the stock mls. From what I’ve read those LL fans are quieter, but maybe the difference is hard to tell.

Any idea what Corsair may be promoting at CES? Always happy to wait, but curious if there have been leaks up until this point.

I have 6 x 120mm ML rgb fans and 3 x 120mm LL rgb fans in my case. One Commander pro to run the 6 ML fans and the LL fans run off the H150i controller. One lighting node and one rgb hub control the light show. The LL and ML fans are very quiet and efficient.

Any idea what Corsair may be promoting at CES? Always happy to wait, but curious if there have been leaks up until this point.

I don't think there will be any more fans. They just released the QL, which is effectively a double sided LL. There may be a new 360mm cooler choice. A few retailers spilled the beans early by putting up a listing. That means it may be ready to ship, rather than the usual '6 months from now' stuff.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192659