Corsair Community

Fan speed based on multiple temps?

jon_snodgrass

I would like my fan to spin based on the higher of GPU temp or CPU temp (two curves). Can iCue manage this? I only see the ability to use one temperature.

Also, can I use a 10 second average temperature as the control?

My existing fan control software (Argus Monitor) allows me to do this but I cannot figure it out in iCue.

My GPU is an AiO, so it has a separate rad, which is also an exhaust.

Thanks

Not at this time and no hysteresis either. GPU temp would be the better control variable. CPU temp is both meaningless and annoying. Making your case fans blow faster will not reduce the temperature between your socket pins and CPU.

Can't really tell what hardware your have at your disposal. But since you are talking about iCUE fan control, I will assume you have a Commander Pro. The best control scenario for you on the rear fan would be a temp probe run to the back of the small radiator. Radiator exhaust temp approximately equals coolant temp. You don't need or want the rear fan to cut in in relation to GPU voltage/temp as you go through loading screens, open a full screen picture on the desktop, etc. You will need to learn the range of the exhaust temp, but typically it ranges from +2-3C over ambient to the 40-50C range. There is plenty of range for gradual control. If that is not possible or practical, then GPU temp is the next best choice. Front or other intake fans can be set to balance with the others are doing.