Corsair Community

commander pro compatible pwm fans

akromatic

Hi guys, I seemed to have issues with the commander pro fan curves when controlling fans.

I did some digging and it seems that this issue has been on going so i'm not sure if there is any work around made for this.

The issue is when setting a custom curve, some of my fans (EK) and pump (DDC) would constantly cycle anywhere from 0 rpm to full speed and it seems to have very unstable rpm regulations. However with some noctua fans the rpm regulation is pretty stable.

It seems that this issue happens even when setting fans at fixed RPM. I think it is to do with it trying to constantly send different pwm signals to regulate to a certain rpm.

however these fans and pumps are able to run at a stable rpm when set to fixed pwm % but that would also mean i can not set a fan curve and regulate the fans according to temperature.

Is there any work around for this or to implement pwm % control option for the custom curve? Would QL fans have this issue?

I believe the issue that i'm experiencing is similar to the guys on this thread:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=919108&p=919108

The unofficial list of non-compatible PWM fans is short, but notable. It includes all the EK PWM Vardar models, the Noctua Industrial NF-F12 and A14 3000 rpm PWM versions, and the Be Quiet SW2 and SW3 PWM models. Apparently not all PWM signals are really standardized. Corsair controllers (both C-Pro and AIO) have trouble with all of the above. Notable is all the Noctuas (including the 2000 rpm PWM Industrial) work fine. It's just the 3000 PWM version. Sadly my BeQuiets are useless, but the DC versions work perfectly. I never got anywhere with the Vardar, especially those with the zero rpm feature. Those were messy even on the motherboard.

The DDC pump issue is obviously more serious. What model are you using? In the Commander Pro, make sure you go to the settings and put in on 4 pin PWM (I am assuming) and not Auto. Auto will try and detect a 12v signal and since the typical molex or SATA power pump is only sending a PWM/Tach wires to the fan controller, it may not detect the pump.

The DDC pump is also EK? It's possible it uses a similar PWM design as the Vardar, however my EK D5 PWM works perfectly and my other brand DDC pump also works as expected. Not sure what that is and this is the first report I have ever seen for lack of pump control for a working unit.