Corsair Community

CRP Disabled

atw1989

I very recently purchased the M65 RGB Elite corsair mouse. Been using it about 6 weeks when today it stopped working. It says CRP is disabled. I spent the past hour doing research(fortunately I had a backup mouse) and it says the driver is corrupt and I need a new one. I have two questions:

1) Why does corsair force me to file a ticket so that they can email me the link to download the driver? HUGE INCONVENIENCE!

2) Has anyone else had this happen to them? I feel for the price I paid for this mouse I shouldn't be having issues 6 weeks in......

I have no idea where the PN or SKU is on the mouse. Can't see it on mine. For website purposes, they want one of the following:

SKU CH-9309011-NA (black)

SKU CH-9309111-NA (white)

If you are outside of North America, the last two letters may be different. WW for most of the world, but I am seeing some AP for Australia and some other unexpected tags. Best thing to do is look it up via the Corsair website and it should set the region when you go there.

I don't know why it went CRP disabled. Failed firmware update? Power incident? I think Corsair most likely forces you through support on FW flashing is because there is an element of risk every time you do this. They don't want people sitting there continuously flashing the firmware to solve a problem that is not getting solved by this process. It is a bit annoying and I wish there was a better way to handle these things.