Corsair Community

Got a Memory Stick Gone Bad

Two weeks ago my pc started acting strange random reboots and out of memory errors and such. At the time i believed that i was having a problum with my processer overheating. After replacing the heatsink/fan with a more effecient unit i went to start the system and got nothing. I after verifying that all the connections in the case were good and still recieving the same problum of the system not even posting I took the system to a local tech. The tech told me that he believed that my processer likly had gone bad so i contacted amd and talked to the tech support recieved an rma from them and sent the processer in to be tested, the processer has since been tested and found to be in perfect runing order and is on it's way back to me now. Since this proved not to be the problem i took the remaining tower to a second computer tech and asked to have the componets tested to figure out what the problum was. After testing the various componets the tech checked out the ram in thier test system and they couldn't get their test system to post using my ram this leads me to believe that i have ram that has gone bad, at this time there is not any way for me to recover exact bois settings from my system as i can't even get it to post tho other then boot order and disabling the second raid controlerand the on board sound i've left the bios as it has auto detected.

Not sure exactly what system info your needing but here it is

Memory CMX512RE-3200LLPT TwinX Pair

AMD 64 FX-51

ASUS SK8V Motherboard

ASUS 5950 Ultra Vidio

Soundblaster Audiology 2 Gamer

Ultra WIN-600PS powersupply

• Corsair Employee
It would be unlikely you have 2 bad modules, please test them one at a time, if you can and I would ask if the reseller or Tech used an AMD64 socket 940 CPU based system to test the modules. If he did not then I doubt they would post. The modules you have will only work in this platform.

It would be unlikely you have 2 bad modules, please test them one at a time, if you can and I would ask if the reseller or Tech used an AMD64 socket 940 CPU based system to test the modules. If he did not them I doubt they would post. The modules you have will only work in this platform.

I recieved my processer back and went though instaling the individual ram moduals in the various slots and still have been without success in getting eather stick to post. After trying this i switched out vidio cards to a Geforce 3 card i had running in a second system to eliminate a possible vidio card problum, and repeated trying out the different slots indiviually with each stick still no luck.

Archived