Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum Fan Problem

wnbhaze

Hi there,

I got myself a new Corsair h115i platinum. I plugged everything in and followed the Manual. It shows up in the iCUE Software and i have Temperatures around 25°. My Problem now is, I can´t control one of the Fans. Fan#1 and Pump is reacting to my inputs. Fan#2 however just ignores it. It jumps around at 2000 RPM and it´s loud and annoying. It´s plugged into CPU_FAN i tried AIO_PUMP, same Problem. i can´t control 1 of the Fans. Tried to change it in BIOS and Mainboard Settings didn´t help either. I don´t understand why only 1 is working because they are both connected the same way to the pump... Maybe some of you got the same Problem and found a solution for it.

Thanks and sorry for my not so good english :)

The connector from pump to motherboard only reports a pump speed on that model. Don’t worry about that.

If both fans show in iCUE, then both should be controllable via the H115i Platinum controls. If you can do one but not the other, it may be a physical issue with the fan. Disconnect and the re-connect the misbehaving fan. Sometimes you get a bad signal at the connector and this is all it takes to remedy.

If that does not work, swap the two fans on the Y splitter. We want know if Fan Channel #1 then becomes the problem (it travels with the fan) or if it is still Fan 2 (problem with the controller).

Ok, that sounds like a bad connector or tach wire on that fan. Contact Corsair through the ticket system to set it up. Bad news is those fans on the Platinum are unique. Good news is two fan channels means you can run two different fans and two unique control curves. However, easier first step might be to connect a standard PWM fan splitter to Ch 1 and run both fans from that. Put the good fan on the 4 pin. The misbehaving one on the 3 pin connector. You can run that way indefinitely.