Corsair Community

Onboard profile won't save to hardware

SuperTRev

I'm trying to save a lighting effect on the K95P HW1 hardware profile. I used to have a nice rain lighting effect on it, but something wiped it. An update or something. So I put back the lighting effect and push the save button (save profile to hardware) but nothing happens. I wait for a while but nothing. Restart the computer to see if it saved, but didn't. Nothing is working. The save button is dead. I'm running the latest firmware v3.21.28 and the latest icue software 3.23.66

"Save to device" is not the mechanic for the K95 Platinum. Make sure you are in K95P HW1 (2 or 3), add the Rain lighting effect to to HW1, then click the the onboard profiles tab (bottom left). Finally, click on one of the three little SD card icons that matches the HW profile. If should create a confirmation pop-up.

If this is what you are doing and it is non-responsive, try a repair install of iCUE. Go to the Windows->Apps and left click on iCUE. Then follow the prompts for the repair option.

Yes, in 'Onboard Profiles', empty slot #1,2 or 3. After clicking on a slot, a popup appears with "Save K95P HW1 to K95 RGB Platinum". With a 'Save' button. This is the button that I'm referring to. It does nothing. I'm pretty sure the keyboard isn't applying the lighting effect, because there is a problem pushing the data to the keyboard. I can't get past this save button.

How come in every tech problem ever, every solution to everything is always 'reinstall it'? Is there something else that can be done?

OK, we have seen this before. It is usually a non-terminal glitch. The "repair install" will not delete your profiles or cause any other harm. It is a standard procedure to cover registry glitches or other corrupt files within the program.

The other thing you can try is a soft reset of the keyboard. See the directions below.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

Soft reset didn't work. Unplugged the keyboard. Held down the reset button.

Plugged it back in and held the esc for at least five seconds.

No flash. Just went back to the default rainbow load up lighting.

I clicked 'delete onboard storage' in icue. It says that it takes several seconds. It has been hanging there for twenty minutes now, it's still sitting there.

Don't know how to 'repair install'. You said to click on icue. That just opens the program. ?

• Like 1

Go to the Windows -> Settings -> Apps. Scroll down to iCUE like you were going to uninstall it. Choose the repair option instead.

If this doesn’t work, you may need to contact Corsair through the Ticket Support system so they can give the firmware file for a hard reset. Normally this is not so stubborn.

Ok that's much better. It performed the repair. Then there was a popup, that I now remember this happening before: "The onboard profile doesn't match what is on icue. Save to overwrite to hardware, cancel to keep current settings".

I chose 'save' this time, because I remember pressing 'cancel' the last time I saw this popup. But that only reverted it to default, which wasn't much different than before.

But this time, I set up the rain lighting profile, and instead of the option to just 'save' to an onboard slot, there was 'overwrite' or 'clear'. These options weren't there before. I chose 'overwrite', and it is working now, thank you.

• Like 1