Corsair Community

Commander Pro diconnects all the time

Titan777

This is more often reported on the x570 chipset. Others are able to work around it by using a power USB hub. See here.

However, first make sure you aren't running any additional hardware monitoring programs like AIDA or HWiNFO. The screwy voltages on the Commander Pro are a common result of the two programs fighting over data polling. Fully exit the other program, kill the Corsair App and service in the Task Manager, then launch iCUE and try again.

This is more often reported on the x570 chipset. Others are able to work around it by using a power USB hub. See here.

However, first make sure you aren't running any additional hardware monitoring programs like AIDA or HWiNFO. The screwy voltages on the Commander Pro are a common result of the two programs fighting over data polling. Fully exit the other program, kill the Corsair App and service in the Task Manager, then launch iCUE and try again.

Thanks for the reply.

I only have GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, Radeaon Software (for GPU).

That's about it that could be related somehow.

GPU-Z, CPU-Z, and the AMD stuff are fine. Fusion is known to infringe upon lighting control of other RGB products (like RGB RAM), but I don't know if it would affect the Commander Pro voltages. You might ask in the referenced thread above. All those guys are x570 users as well. The bad voltage read could be a result of chipset issue vs another program.

How is the Platinum cooler behaving? That is another one that has issues with the X570 chipset and the same symptom -- dropped USB connection.

A potential temporary (or long term) solution for the drops is set up your fan curves from the temp probes that come with the Commander Pro. Those can be followed with or without software, so the fans won't jump when this happens. However, if the C-Pro fans happen to be RGB fans, that creates another disturbance and they will surely loose their lighting. You can partially address that by setting something similar (or deliberately not to reveal the problem) in the Hardware lighting for the RGB fans.

GPU-Z, CPU-Z, and the AMD stuff are fine. Fusion is known to infringe upon lighting control of other RGB products (like RGB RAM), but I don't know if it would affect the Commander Pro voltages. You might ask in the referenced thread above. All those guys are x570 users as well. The bad voltage read could be a result of chipset issue vs another program.

How is the Platinum cooler behaving? That is another one that has issues with the X570 chipset and the same symptom -- dropped USB connection.

A potential temporary (or long term) solution for the drops is set up your fan curves from the temp probes that come with the Commander Pro. Those can be followed with or without software, so the fans won't jump when this happens. However, if the C-Pro fans happen to be RGB fans, that creates another disturbance and they will surely loose their lighting. You can partially address that by setting something similar (or deliberately not to reveal the problem) in the Hardware lighting for the RGB fans.

The platinum never had an issue.

But I did notice the memory Vengeance RGB showing a red triangle when I connect something to the front USB ports on my case.