Corsair Community

Is the Glaive RGB Pro's dpi different to other mouses?

Rockyroll7

Ive used both the Glaive RBG Pro and the M65 RGB Pro for Apex Legends and while my friend is running around 1.5k dpi with a sensitivity of 1 i cant get the same as him without turning my dpi to about 3k and my sens to about 6 so i really am confused as to whether the corsair mouses are different to other companies dpi's or if im doing something horribly wrong?

I am not sure how you compare sensitivity to someone else on a different machine and trying to equalize settings to someone else seems pointless. I would stop messing around with the Windows setting and stick to manipulating the DPI to get it where you want it. It’s more adjustable and can be done quickly in game. Make sure precision enhancement is off and the slider in the middle.

It is normal to have small differences between different mice. A 1000 dpi setting on the M65 Pro may feel the same as 1200 on a mouse with a different sensor, like a Glaive or Iron Claw. However, a 1500 difference suggests something else has been changed.

I am not sure how you compare sensitivity to someone else on a different machine and trying to equalize settings to someone else seems pointless. I would stop messing around with the Windows setting and stick to manipulating the DPI to get it where you want it. It’s more adjustable and can be done quickly in game. Make sure precision enhancement is off and the slider in the middle.

It is normal to have small differences between different mice. A 1000 dpi setting on the M65 Pro may feel the same as 1200 on a mouse with a different sensor, like a Glaive or Iron Claw. However, a 1500 difference suggests something else has been changed.

I never mentioned windows settings. I was just asking if say a razer mouses dpi is different to a corsairs dpi or if i am just doing something wrong to get such a difference to what my friend is getting

It's not even the same mouse? Different sensors, presumably different surfaces, maybe different monitor sizes, and a different hand holding it. Not sure what you are referring to with "sensitivity 1/6" if not the Windows pointer speed.

While theoretically Dots per Inch is a standard measure, it's not really a standard if you change multiple other variables. The DPI scale is massive and relative to the other factors. Make you settings based on what you need. If you change the surface, you may need to also tweak your DPI. Also, use the surface calibration feature if you have not done so already. Don't use DPI XXXX because Pro Guy whoever says that's what he likes. This is an individual assessment.

to answer the sensitivity question it is my in game sensitivity (Apex Legends).

Lets remove my friend from the equation as well im just saying that even after the surface calibration, taking a mouse pad into effect and screen size, 3k dpi and a sensitivity of 6 for said game is still very high to run it on for all other people they cant seem to go above 1k without spinning endlessly with only a small movement of the mouse yet mine will barely turn my character round once before i run out of mouse pad space. I am just not sure as to why it is so drastically different.

Theoretically, if you made every other variable the same, two mice with the same sensor and the same settings should each move the exact same distance on the same monitor for each 1 inch of mouse travel in the corresponding axis. However, when is everything universally the same? Almost never. I don't play Apex, presumably the in game slider piggybacks off the windows settings. My recommendation is you put everything back to the middle and only manipulate 1 variable at a time, preferably the DPI since you can change that on the fly and make very granular changes.

Aside from this, is there anything off about the mouse movements? Uneven, jumpy? Losing the cursor? Those are things I would be concerned about. The DPI is far to subjective and with too many other strings to draw meaningful conclusions.

Im going to be completely honest with you here, i just started apex after neglecting it for like a day cause i was pissed at my mouse lol, and the dpi and sensitivity has seemed to have just sorted itself out. Im very sorry to waste your time but thank you for the help. I really dont know what has changed from now to then but it just seems to be working the way it should be. Again im very sorry but thanks for all your help