Corsair Community

iCUE Not Reconigzing CPU Temp

Toxic505

H150i Temp (coolant temperature) is the proper control variable for the fans on the radiator. CPU heat is conducted into the coolant stream. Fans remove heat from the coolant stream. If the coolant temp does not go up, running the fans faster will not cool the CPU below the current level.

There were issues with Ryzen 3000 series CPU temp readings at launch. I am not aware of the current status.

H150i Temp (coolant temperature) is the proper control variable for the fans on the radiator. CPU heat is conducted into the coolant stream. Fans remove heat from the coolant stream. If the coolant temp does not go up, running the fans faster will not cool the CPU below the current level.

There were issues with Ryzen 3000 series CPU temp readings at launch. I am not aware of the current status.

I do understand why you would need to have the water temps on there. But corsair needs to fix this so their product which is in charge of cooling a product that can be in excess of $400+ can be done properly.

I do understand why you would need to have the water temps on there. But corsair needs to fix this so their product which is in charge of cooling a product that can be in excess of $400+ can be done properly.

c-attack's point was that you don't need - and shouldn't use - the CPU temperature as the control source for your radiator. This was part of your initial complaint.

So it's not necessary to have this temperature to properly cool the CPU or control the fans on the radiator, which is what you appear to be trying to do.

That said, it is still good to have the CPU temperature. CPU temps are provided by a component called the CPUID SDK. When new processors come out, the CPUID SDK must first be updated (it likely is by now) and then the update needs to be integrated into a build and release of iCUE. Unfortunately, this sometimes takes a couple of release cycles. It will be updated. In the meantime, you can use another tool - HWMonitor, for example - to see your CPU temperature.