Corsair Community

High airflow RGB fans

ThesunGirl

Something that seems to be lacking in general are fans with both good airflow and RGB. Would be very nice to have something like 3000 rpm LL or other variety of Corsair RGB fans. And that would be pretty much unique to Corsair as well since no other brand even has that at all it seems.

Oooh.. do you really want 3000 rpm fans? Would you run them at those speeds? I have several hundred fans that mostly just sit filed on a shelf these days. One of the very few I dumped off immediately was the Noctua Industrial 3000 rpm series A14i. 800 rpm minimum speed. Can't stand to the noise even with headphones above 2000 rpm. Certainly subjective, but unless you are using custom radiators with dense FPI measurements, you won't get any better performance past the 1800-2000 rpm mark. You're right, there are not a lot of choices in that category. Presumably this is how they see market demand but there could also be a technical obstacle for other brands that share power along a single cable versus separate ones for lighting and fan motor power.

The white LL "Special Edition" are quite high airflow, as are the ML "Platinum" RGB fans. The ML "Platinum" fans, however, are only available as a replacement part from the Corsair site. The white LL fans are widely available.

And that's the other confusing thing. The white ones have higher rpm and performance than the black one. There really needs to be an upgrade to the black ones to make them all the same stats. You should never have to choose between colour matching and performance.