Corsair Community

Colors before Boot-up

Norn

Recently I had a BSOD(very rare occurrence) and ever since then my keyboard(K68 RGB) is only lighting in an awful shade of green BEFORE iCUE launches. Before this issue started it was always lighting up in Spiral Rainbow by default, even the first time I plugged it in before I installed iCUE. Now it seems to be broken and I can't fix it.

I also have Sabre RGB and Vengeance RGB and bunch of other things and they seem to work just fine, no pre-boot color change on those.

I tried to change some settings but it had no effect, tried to save colors to device it didn't work. I changed USB port, still no change.

Minor issue but it bothers me very much so :D:

I can't remember if the K68 RGB has a HW Profile for saving profiles to the keyboard or if it uses the older "save to device" type of save. There appears to be only one HW profile since there isn't a dedicated switch on the keyboard.

Look in your profiles list for a small SD-card like icon and a name like K68 RGB HW1 (or something similar). This is the same tool for the keyboard. Click on that profile. Go to the keyboard, lighting. See what's there. The prior effect was probably Spiral Rainbow, but you can select any of the presets or a static color. Once you have decided, click on the "Onboard Devices" tab on the bottom of the left side menu. This should reveal the save slot. Click on it and save.

If the K68 is not a HW profile sled save device, there is likely something in the top drop down menu that says "save to device". You need to create a new software profile, put the rainbow wave, spiral or whatever on the keyboard, then click save to device. However, it should be the first system in play.