Corsair Community

Really disappointed with the video lighting

I have a 16x9 monitor, and when playing a movie full screen it is letterboxed (meaning there are black bars across the top and bottom). iCUE isn't able to be adjusted for how much screen of the screen to sample for matching the lighting, so the top and bottom strips are completely off.

With my Lightpak running the Prismatik software, I could control how much of the screen to sample for video lighting.

Please add a feature like this to iCUE.

• Corsair Employees
I have a 16x9 monitor, and when playing a movie full screen it is letterboxed (meaning there are black bars across the top and bottom). iCUE isn't able to be adjusted for how much screen of the screen to sample for matching the lighting, so the top and bottom strips are completely off.

With my Lightpak running the Prismatik software, I could control how much of the screen to sample for video lighting.

Thanks for the feedback. This has been brought to the attention of the product team for LS100 and we are exploring solutions for this. If you have any additional feedback, please continue to let us know here in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

did the ambient screen/video lighting feature get pulled? I'm a bit confused, and can't seem to find any proper documentation on it.

This is the singular reason why I purchased the LS100 kit, as I wanted to test it against my home-brew adalight styled kit.

so, i apologize for the necro...

but...

did it get pulled? or how am I missing it?

ambient settings list includes -

audio lighting

text

fireplace

borealis

seems like the video option would be here?

please help, i'm clearly losing my marbles, all these days working from home.

did the ambient screen/video lighting feature get pulled? I'm a bit confused, and can't seem to find any proper documentation on it.

This is the singular reason why I purchased the LS100 kit, as I wanted to test it against my home-brew adalight styled kit.

so, i apologize for the necro...

but...

did it get pulled? or how am I missing it?

ambient settings list includes -

audio lighting

text

fireplace

borealis

seems like the video option would be here?

please help, i'm clearly losing my marbles, all these days working from home.

I bought the kit yesterday and it works quite like crap. but the option should be there... which icue version do u have installed? mine is 3.27.68 latest version

I see the post is old but I just bought the kit yesterday. To work around this stupid problem I watch movies in VLC and pushing "a" when letterboxed the image get streched a little and bars go away :roll:

Thanks for the feedback. This has been brought to the attention of the product team for LS100 and we are exploring solutions for this. If you have any additional feedback, please continue to let us know here in the forum.

They worked soo much on it that I bought the kit yesterday and 2 years later the kit is still off with letterboxed movies.

to avoid this I watch movies in VLC and pushing "a" the image get streched a little to fit 16:9 so the led bars can work :sigh!:

Edited by zultan

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Update: Video lighting configuration is a planned software enhancement for a future version of iCUE.

I appreciate everyone's feedback regarding this. You may have noticed that we introduced some of this functionality with LT100, rolling it into LS100 is planned but a little bit more complicated due to different monitor sizes and possible strip configurations.

Edited by Corsair CJ
Update from product team.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Update: Video lighting configuration is a planned software enhancement for a future version of iCUE.

I appreciate everyone's feedback regarding this. You may have noticed that we introduced some of this functionality with LT100, rolling it into LS100 is planned but a little bit more complicated due to different monitor sizes and possible strip configurations.

And when will this planned feature released?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There a video lighting ambient option but it doesn't show any colours. It's basically shines white and off shades of white. It's basically bull**** for ambient lighting. An absolute Con. I have the starter kit on my PC, the rainbow option etc is excellent. If they added the Logitech screen selection like they do with the Logitech g560 speakers it should be excellent. What a shame and a big loss of faith in Corsair. Edited by Jkr47

There a video lighting ambient option but it doesn't show any colours. It's basically shines white and off shades of white. It's basically bull**** for ambient lighting. An absolute Con. I have the starter kit on my PC, the rainbow option etc is excellent. If they added the Logitech screen selection like they do with the Logitech g560 speakers it should be excellent. What a shame and a big loss of faith in Corsair.

OOOOOHHHH I HAVE TO EAT MY WORDS!

I got it working in full in all games. All I had to do was turn HDR off in Windows 10 display settings! It's very good. Not as vibrant as the Logitech g560s

But still very good!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed my ls100 and i had the same issues with the dark corners on my 34" 21:9 Monitor.

I figured that the led have to be homogeneous spread out throughout the whole with an d height of the screen to make a nice Phillips like ambient light.

So I cut some led strips a had ordered from aliexpress in pieces and after a afternoon of soldering I had 4 led strips with just the right length for my monitor.

I have to say the effect is really astonishing when the whole monitor is fully lit. I will include a photo and a video at the bottom.

I'm aware that not everybody is willing and able to recreate this. But what can corsair do to prevent the dark corners? Shure a flexible capture area would help but the dark corners will remain. the ideal solution would be to sell (a lot) of different lengths of strips so everyone could buy the right length for her/his monitor but at what cost? I think we have to see what future updates of icue bring us.

cheers!

BTW: Musicvideo in GIF: WIND ROSE - Diggy Diggy Hole (Dance Remix) | Napalm Records

IMG_20210108_182734.thumb.jpg.a6c1bd6170c607b215aaf84dc1df7dbb.jpg

ezgif-3-a74340f352b7.gif.42b8cd2db0996cb3f5af4fc4b5c64fae.gif

Edited by CHFlanker
typos