Corsair Community

Configurator no 4 GPU option?

damnengineer

Is there a reason I can't select 4xRTX2080ti's in the hydro x configurator? For some brands I can select 3 of those GPU's and for others only 2.

I want to build a GPU rendering workstation around the new 3970X, and the motherboard I picked certainly has 4 pci-e slots with enough clearance. Is there anything else I'm missing or can I just order the extra parts for an extra GPU?

Thanks DevBiker,

I'll be getting a Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme, it has 2 onboard 10Gbe NICs, which really helps with all the footage I have to pull from my SAN. Now I just have to wait until I can get my hands on a processor.

I do a lot of Vray NEXT, After Effects and Fusion rendering, so both CPU and GPU's will help.

I just want to get watercooling, because right now I'm running 2xRTX2080ti's and 2xGTX1080ti's in one rig and although the RTX cards are hybrid ones, the 1080's, which are FE's, are having a hard time.

Thanks again, once I'll get this build done, I'll post some pics.

I'm too busy to run Crysis, so the answer is no ;).

Edited by damnengineer

• Corsair Employee

Hi!

According to the layout of the Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme you would need a case with 9 expansion slots in order to fit 4 GPUs with GPU water blocks.

Which case were you using?

Here is a configurator build with Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme and 4x 2080 Ti Founders Edition in case which officially supports 9 expansion slots.

http://www.corsair.com/custom-cooling-configurator/?configCode=afeo2c

A build in Corsair 1000D with ASRock TRX40 Creator (the only TRX40 motherboard which can take 4 GPUs with 8 expansion slots on the case).

www.corsair.com/custom-cooling-configurator/configCode=zfeo4x

Edited by Corsair GregX

Thank you Greg,

I was indeed looking at the 1000D, I thought it would easily fit.

I expected that the Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme would fit with the 1000d with 4 gpus, unfortunately the 900D is not available here anymore, so I guess I'll have to take a look at another case then.

• Corsair Employee

Might be possible to use the 1000D if you won't add a secondary mini ITX system.

I would warmly suggest to go with 1000D since it really does support enough radiator positions for such a beastly system.

With 2080 Ti Founders Edition and XG7 GPU water block there should be enough clearance to keep the drive bay in place.

B4URE6Y.png?1