Corsair Community

Turn off RGB when starting up PC

Radiolint

Hello,

I have a full system of rgb stuff, 6 light loop fans, 3 rgb light strips, a K70 keyboard, and a few others that aren't corsair.

My question is, when I press the power button on my PC, all the fans and light strips and corsair stuff turns on full blast & defaults to rgb rainbow cycling, until windows and icue loads, and then the correct profile loads and all the lights change. I have a HEDT X299 system which can take up to a few minutes to startup, and all the while there's a little rave going on in my PC. I use my PC at night a lot too, so the lights can be very bright.

Is there a way to force the corsair rgb to either stay off or use a specific profile when you start the pc? Like I said, this can be a little rough when you're trying to be discrete at times starting up & during down your pc. I really like the flexibility of the rgb, and when dialed in it works great, it's just at startup and shut down are the problems. Is this fixable, or is it just a stupid corsair thing that can't be fixed?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by "hardware lighting tab for the channel". All I see navigating through iCue are the lighting effects when you select each individual part, like RAM, keyboard, lighting commander, etc. I can't see any place that would suggest controlling the RGB while icue isn't running or active. I know about creating and assigning profiles and such, but again, it just defaults to the rainbow effect when starting up and shutting down. I've even deleted every profile in icue, if that's what you might mean, but it still goes to rainbow wave even with zero created or "default" profiles in icue.

I gave the green shaving tool company crap for their software, but it's looking featured and easy to use compared to icue. This is really bad :mad:

Unless you are running a really old version of iCUE, when you go to the lighting configuration for a channel, there will be a tab at the bottom that says "Hardware Lighting". It has a little information bubble that says "Hardware Playback allows you to configure a lighting effect for your device that only plays when the iCUE software is not running."

y4mNiE8hBYz_vy_Pz8irTm9y5xjICo1FoFHf5P3S6MficEG_7SIpB-KJwydiqLr2A6dOSKZuyHav9UFBcEUAW2K8MyqSmmZyJEFJO6OiOo2Va9_zsl1JcFFZeVeBZzl0coYZnVFr6c5cnxOzXxbjTFx0HkkU0xovyviWgaJWJ7OPnTOPdfhZnF9cRCJvf4Z5rLBBxmHqxsk4vD6Y4Ho7kimgQ?width=627&height=583&cropmode=none

For the keyboards and mice, it's similar ... except it's a Hardware Profile that needs to be saved to the device.