Corsair Community

Stringing more the 6 fans together

Arigee

So I have 7 (soon to be 9) lightloops. Right now, I have two fan lighting hubs plugged into a commander pro. So with 6 fans, obviously some are plugged into one hub, some into another.

So with the effects which travel from one fan to another like the visor and wave effects, is there any way to string those effects from one of those lighting hubs to the next so that those effects can travel around to every fan in the case?

I dont see a way, but maybe there is some option there that Im missing.

Thanks!

Ari

It's somewhat complex and with a lot of effect specific conditions. First, I would set up both RGB hubs off the same interface device (LNP or Commander Pro). Make the 6 lighting channel 1, the 3 Ch. 2. This will put you in the best possible set-up for success.

In the standard state, each effect applied to all fans in the channel make it a local effect. This is helpful when you are trying to create separate lighting zones, but not for a universal sequence. You cannot link the two channels with the more robust LL choices like Arc, Pong, etc. Those will operate as separate zones. If that is your goal, you want to try and connect fans with a plan on having two separate zones. Top/bottom, front/back whatever works for that case.

The fastest way to set up any universal sequenced effect is to create it in the Lighting Link menu of effects. There are really only two "sequence" effects in that list -- visor and color wave. Set it up, then go to any device you don't want to see it (keyboard, mouse, etc. and toggle it off). That will keep it local to the fans going 1-6, then ch 2 1-3. The choices are limited, but relatively painless.

The only other way around this is to program the waves yourself with an appropriate delay on the second set and a post operation delay on set 1. That is tedious and more than I can describe here. I am afraid that will be a trial and error approach and it does require exact timing.

Thanks!

So I think I understand the lighting link stuff, Ill play around with it a bit more.

But this brought up another question. Is there a way to change the "orientation" of a fan? for example, I have some fans turned one way or another to facilitate wiring, but it means if I use "pong" for example, as the ball travels "down" the other fans, when it gets to the last fan it goes "up". Is there a way to change that orientation?

in the same vein, is there a way to adjust which fans are located where in a series? Like with the lighting link stuff, is it possible to tell it to move from fan 1-2-3 instead of 1-3-2?

Thanks for the help!

Pong just got a paddle/directional tool in the effect settings. This is really cool if you have fan in different planes, like a case with a side vertical panel and top horizontal panel. However, that is the one example. You definitely want to mount your fans the same direction and with sequenced effects in mind.