Corsair Community

H115i Pro Pump Speed

nfxcr3w

Since i put the heating on my room gets a bit warm the PC is nowhere near my heating more closer to the window on my desk and wanted to know is this normal for the pump to be this slower it's cooling a 9900K here's a screen grab i took on what i mean.

Capture.png

That is the normal pump speed for "balanced" +-10%. Pump speeds are fixed and do not dynamically change unless you are in Quiet mode and reach a critical temp threshold. Quiet is usually around 1100 rpm and Extreme about 2850. All of the speeds will fluctuate in +-30 rpm intervals.

That is the normal pump speed for "balanced" +-10%. Pump speeds are fixed and do not dynamically change unless you are in Quiet mode and reach a critical temp threshold. Quiet is usually around 1100 rpm and Extreme about 2850. All of the speeds will fluctuate in +-30 rpm intervals.

Thank you C-attack, I do notice when I come from a cold boot its normally dynamic from 2070 - 2100 rpm but soon has I start putting it through it's paces like video editing and gaming it drops to 1950 rpm and this is on Balanced is that normal for Balanced mode? This was my first time owning a AIO since I've always had air so trying to understand it's workings.

No, that is interesting. The pump should not care what you are doing in regards to load. However, it does scratch the other thing in the back of my mind. When you see small, but consistent drops like that, it may mean there is a power drop to the unit. We most often see this on motherboard powered coolers where the user has fan controls in place, effectively acting like a dimmer switch on the entire cooler, fans and pump. Now your's is SATA powered, but if you have too much other stuff on that same SATA (3-way splitter?), it is possible it's not getting its full power. It doesn't look like that should happen based on your total system draw, but maybe on the individual line.

Try settings the fans to a fixed speed (say 1500 rpm) and then initiate a render, CPU stress test, or anything with high system load where you can still see the fans. Do they drop off 1500? +-20 rpm would be normal, but 1400 or 1450 would not.

No, that is interesting. The pump should not care what you are doing in regards to load. However, it does scratch the other thing in the back of my mind. When you see small, but consistent drops like that, it may mean there is a power drop to the unit. We most often see this on motherboard powered coolers where the user has fan controls in place, effectively acting like a dimmer switch on the entire cooler, fans and pump. Now your's is SATA powered, but if you have too much other stuff on that same SATA (3-way splitter?), it is possible it's not getting its full power. It doesn't look like that should happen based on your total system draw, but maybe on the individual line.

Try settings the fans to a fixed speed (say 1500 rpm) and then initiate a render, CPU stress test, or anything with high system load where you can still see the fans. Do they drop off 1500? +-20 rpm would be normal, but 1400 or 1450 would not.

Never mind i found it but the fans are not reaching 1500 rpm?

Capture.png

Edited by nfxcr3w
Figured out the fixed fan speed

OK, that seems like a problem. Now we need to figure out if it is an external power issue (PSU, SATA PSU cable) or internal to the unit (or its SATA cable).

Are you sharing the SATA power line with anything else? HDDs, SSDs, etc.? I would not expect this to cripple the cooler in this way, but from a testing perspective you need to test. If you are sharing or even if you are not, I would swap out or insert a new PSU SATA line for the cooler alone. Do you still see the same conditions as above?

A 100 rpm pump drop isn't all that worrying, but 500 on the fans is out of bounds. (Disregard - wrong fan type). Do you see the RGB on the pump dim when under load? Try setting to static white to make it easier to see and to increase the required power for the lighting. That might give a clue as a to where the power drop happens.

Edited by c-attack
Fan model error

OK, that seems like a problem. Now we need to figure out if it is an external power issue (PSU, SATA PSU cable) or internal to the unit (or its SATA cable).

Are you sharing the SATA power line with anything else? HDDs, SSDs, etc.? I would not expect this to cripple the cooler in this way, but from a testing perspective you need to test. If you are sharing or even if you are not, I would swap out or insert a new PSU SATA line for the cooler alone. Do you still see the same conditions as above?

A 100 rpm pump drop isn't all that worrying, but 500 on the fans is out of bounds. Do you see the RGB on the pump dim when under load? Try setting to static white to make it easier to see and to increase the required power for the lighting. That might give a clue as a to where the power drop happens.

Tried that not seeing any dimming at all on the pump rgb and has for the sata cable all that's connected to it is the samsung 850 evo ssd? I have a separate sata cable just connected for the 1tb hdd

Whoops................ stop. Mental error. I am looking at this in a small window and in my mind this was a H100i Pro, with 120mm fans. Your ML140 fans max out at 1200 free air or about 1100-1120 on the radiator. So again, just slightly low. NOT critically low.

The SSD can only pull 2-5W and that is during some crazy file swap testing. It cannot do this. However, you might try moving the SATA plug at the PSU panel to another slot -- just to compare. Since the RGB does not dim, this does not seem like an external power supply issue. I am not sure if it is enough for a RMA.

Whoops................ stop. Mental error. I am looking at this in a small window and in my mind this was a H100i Pro, with 120mm fans. Your ML140 fans max out at 1200 free air or about 1100-1120 on the radiator. So again, just slightly low. NOT critically low.

The SSD can only pull 2-5W and that is during some crazy file swap testing. It cannot do this. However, you might try moving the SATA plug at the PSU panel to another slot -- just to compare. Since the RGB does not dim, this does not seem like an external power supply issue. I am not sure if it is enough for a RMA.

No dimming still and has for the fan speed still under 1200 rpm and I've changed the sata cables around i have the RM850x

Capture.png

The fan will never reach 1200 when faced with the increased resistance of the radiator. 1100 is about what to expect, so again like the pump, it is just a teeny bit low. By itself that would not worry me, however I don't like the "drop" when you have steady other load. It might be time to start a support ticket. Since the PSU is Corsair as well, that puts both of them into the discussion rather than cheap and easy blame the other brand.

The fan will never reach 1200 when faced with the increased resistance of the radiator. 1100 is about what to expect, so again like the pump, it is just a teeny bit low. By itself that would not worry me, however I don't like the "drop" when you have steady other load. It might be time to start a support ticket. Since the PSU is Corsair as well, that puts both of them into the discussion rather than cheap and easy blame the other brand.

I'll do that thank you for trying to sort this for me.