Corsair Community

H100i rgb platinum comes with wrong fans?

BluScr3n

So I'm new here, not new to computer builds, but definitely new to rgb stuff. Went full out. Have my cpu cooler mounted at top of case. The fans it came with (hd120's) pull direction leaves the rgb lights exposed so the effects are lame as its just the lights and not the whole fan that light up. Why would they design a radiator with pull fans and the rgb lights on the wrong side? Am I missing something here? Thanks for any input. This was nib sealed so it definitely came from the factory this way. Are there any fans designed the right way so the effects look like they are supposed to on a pull fan setup?

BluScr3n

The fans with the H100i Platinum are actually ML-RGB fans, not HD. They have 4 LEDs in the center. With the exception of the original SP-RGB fans, they have the least lighting of all of the RGB Fans. There are other RGB fans that you can use but those are the best performing of all the RGB fans.

And the fans are either push or pull, depending on how you want to set it up. Either way works equally well; the important thing is to make sure that they are getting cool air.

The fans with the H100i Platinum are actually ML-RGB fans, not HD. They have 4 LEDs in the center. With the exception of the original SP-RGB fans, they have the least lighting of all of the RGB Fans. There are other RGB fans that you can use but those are the best performing of all the RGB fans.

And the fans are either push or pull, depending on how you want to set it up. Either way works equally well; the important thing is to make sure that they are getting cool air.

I understand this, but why would you make an rgb fan for a cooler that cannot be run in pull configuration(the most common configuration for a cpu cooler) without the led's being exposed and not having any effect on the fan as intended? Is there a fan I can run in pull configuration with the correct orientation for the rgb lights?

Edited by BluScr3n

Actually, push is more common from what I've seen. But ... it doesn't really matter from a performance standpoint.

If you look at the Corsair fans, both the LL and the ML fans have "lesser" effects when viewed from behind. Corsair seems to focus the looks more on the front "sexy" side. Particularly with the ML fans, the placement of the LEDs has a lot to do with the fitting it properly while maintaining performance and providing room for the ML's unique bearing.