Corsair Community

RGB Lighting different colors and issues

Siun

I have a number of issues that I want to know if it can be fixed or if it's just normal or if I should return.

1. Just got most of my parts in and decided to assemble my build but my LL120 RGB fans from my H100i Platinum SE are different colors than my 3 pack and single pack LL120's. Seems to be fine but purples and light colors are noticeably different.

2. One of the LL120's on the H100i have a red led on in the middle section of the fan.

3. My ram has a hue underneath them even when the brightness is cranked all the way up. I'm not sure why but they each have different varying hues.

Below are some pictures. It's messy because my commander pro and other fans haven't arrived yet so I just had to improvise and shove some cables somewhere to at least control the fan speeds.

IMG_0888.thumb.jpg.1d771a793406a57ed1fc4823dd3ff639.jpg

IMG_0887.thumb.jpg.321f3601428b4b9bb298521af2736878.jpg

IMG_0890.thumb.jpg.b4c36f2fd712ddb4d9cc59a956b66c5c.jpg

Edited by Siun

1) That's not uncommon. Same LEDs but from different batches.

2) That's not right. That's a bad fan right there. Odd that it seems to happen only when it's off. Is that with the fans set to all black?

3) I'm not sure what to make of that but we have seen that from time to time on the RAM as well.

1) That's not uncommon. Same LEDs but from different batches.

2) That's not right. That's a bad fan right there. Odd that it seems to happen only when it's off. Is that with the fans set to all black?

3) I'm not sure what to make of that but we have seen that from time to time on the RAM as well.

Thank you for the reply. The redness is always on no matter what color I have it on. As long as the RGB/Fan is on then the red hue is on. So as far as the fan issue would I get issued new fans? I don't really want to reinstall my water cooler again just because my fans are different.

I have tried force updating but the red hue is still there. I'm not sure if it has been there since I installed it because just today I got my other fans in and it was my first time seeing the front side of the fan so I don't believe I've done anything different to warrant these discoloring and redness issues.

Corsair should replace it under RMA. I don't think it'd be a software issue. If it's a fan that came with the cooler ... dunno. You'd have to contact Corsair Support for that.

So I found out something.

I switched out the H100i fans and installed my single pack fans I bought onto the radiator and plugged those in to find out the color was dimmer and different on those as well. I thought that there was no way these fans I bought also had the same issue and exact same dim coloring as the H100i fans so I unplugged the fan from the rgb header that was connected to the H100i and plugged it into my RGB hub and the color turned out perfectly normal just like the rest of my fans.

The rgb cables from the H100i are faulty and caused the fan's RGB to be dimmer.

• 4 months later...
1. Just got most of my parts in and decided to assemble my build but my LL120 RGB fans from my H100i Platinum SE are different colors than my 3 pack and single pack LL120's. Seems to be fine but purples and light colors are noticeably different.

This is happening to me!

I have the H100i RGB Plat which comes with the CORSAIR ML PRO Series RGB fans

I also have the 220T airflow case which comes with the SP120 RGB PRO fans (these are plugged into the provided Lighting Node Core)

The result I get is identicle to IMG_0888.jpg picture you uploaded. Where brighter colours are affected more.

Unfortunatey the lighting node core will only accept 1 type of fan so I cant plug the H100i fans into it.

I think I may need to use the RGB headers on my MoBo to test and solve this issue if what you say about the Cooler not providing the correct power/signal to the fans causing this colour difference.

I dont feel like it is faulty wires though.