Corsair Community

Not sure RMA:TWINX1024-3200C2

For the past couple of weeks, especially during 3d gaming, I'd get random reboots and Blue Screens with IRQ Not Less or Equal, etc etc. I first thought it was a video card issue, so I rma'd my card, and was still having trouble. I tested the card on my older comp, and could not re-create the error. I then proceeded to replace my psu with an Antec True Power 430 psu, but the problem still persists. I did notice when I tried to use the memory on my older system(P4 2.4 ghz), that it would not recognize the memory for some reason. I checked the compatibilty report, and the model intel mobo on that system should be able to use the memory.

I then ran memtest for a few hours, but no errors were showing up. I then tried Prime95 and ran it for 12 hours thru the first torture test which tests no memory and no errors appeared. The second and third tests, however, showed errors within the first few minutes of running.

I'm currently on:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 (Socket 939)

FSB @ 200mhz(Stock settings)

Abit Via K8T800-Pro Mobo

ThermalRight XP-120 Heatsink/120mm fan combo

nVidia 6800GT(At stock settings)

200 GB Seagate HD at 7200rpm

Bios is updated to latest version 19

All bios settings are at default with the exception of:

Vcore at 1.6v

AGPV at 1.6v

DDRV at 2.8v

Tried going from manual memory settings, to spd, to auto, but none seemed to change much, so right now I have it set by spd. The memory timings are at a very non-aggressive setting at 3-3-3-8. Tried to use on stick at a time, in different slots, no luck.

I don't believe it is the cpu overheating, as I have a hella huge heatsink+fan. Temps are always in the mid 30's at idle and lower to mid 40's on load. I even upped the vcore as high as 1.75, but it would still cause my computer to crash randomly at times. Only when I upped my ddrv to 2.8 did the random reboots and crashes happen less often, although still happening.

Anything else I can try before I can put blame on the memory? I have Black XMS 3200 CMX512-3200C2....two sticks of 512mb each.

• Corsair Employee

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Can you test the modules in another system?

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Can you test the modules in another system?

I tried testing them in my other system, but for some reason it won't detect the RAM at all. It's a P4@2.4 ghz running on an Intel D845PESV. I checked to see if it was compatible, and from my research the memory should work on this board. I have no other way of testing the memory. The sticks pass memtest fine, 1 stick a piece or both together...however, prime95 always fails when using a memory torture test.

Archived