Corsair Community

issue

MetalDeerSolid

I wasn't sure to necro this thread or to make a new one. I'm having the same problem with my 980ti.

iCUE causes my card to stay at the boost clock settings and never drop, even when the graphic overlay is minimized.

I've updated card drivers.

I've uninstalled and clean installed iCUE many times.

I've tried going back to old CUE.

Every time iCUE/CUE is launched it causes my card to boost clock until I totally close it out. It's 100% repeatable.

Is there a solution to this I don't know? Is there an aftermarket program that will let me control the led's independently? I very much like my keyboard and mouse but that's a little bit more processing power than I'd like to give up.

There is a separate forum for iCUE and most things you find in this sub-forum are not likely to be relevant on the now essentially deceased CUE 2 programs. However, the underlying cause is probably the same in both instances. Your GPU is responsible for rendering images. If you load a window with a bunch of little graphs and values that update in real time, it does require some GPU activity. Open up iTunes and your GPU is likely to hit max non-boost clocks as it renders all the icons/photos in your library. That said, any GPU activity I see on 3.14.100 is brief, even when on my dashboard with 24 separate graphs. It is slightly more than idle, but still down in the 330-400 MHz range. Check your Nvidia control panel settings. If you have set your power settings to maximum or something similar, it will apply the full load for trivial tasks.