Corsair Community

need rma for bad memory

shawk

hello

i purchased corsair twinx512-3200c2 xms3202v6.1

0453001-1

it worked about a week and one of the sticks went bad. one stick works fine but the other one will not work at all. computer give solid beep and will not start up. i have tryed this stick in two other computers and it does the same thing.

running a abit nf7 mother board with amd athlon xp 2500. i have tryed to contact the reseller and they will not help me. please help

Are you running them in sync with the CPU's FSB? There are 2 versions of the Athlon XP 2500+, one has a 266 MHz FSB, the other has a 333 MHz FSB.

its a 333.i have tryed running them many ways it dont mater. one works the other one dont i have tryed i single stick in two other computers.it dont mater how you run it one or two sticks. if you have two sticks and run duel channel the computer will not start just solid beep. when you take the bad stick out it works fine. dont know whats wrong with the one stick but it just quit working after a week. also the one of the other computers i tested in was the same motherboard and cpu.

Who is your reseller? I've never heard of one that won't help with an RMA only one week after a purchase.

zipzoomfly i sent all the info for the rma they will not respond. i will be smarter next time and use newegg. rma is no problem with them. my problem is i live in tn and with newegg i have to pay tax. i have had good service from zipzoomfly but never had to return any thing.

Archived