Corsair Community

Corsair VS1GBKIT400 Dell 4600 Problem

Rich1

hi guys,

i just bought this ram kit and got it today. I tried to install it but it dosn't look like its working at all. I have a dell 4600, 2.8ghz 800fsb. I have 2 x 128mb (400mhz) ddr ram cards in there already. I tried to add these, and windows comes up, but dosn't load all the way, and freezes after about 5 seconds after windows starts.

I removed my old ram, and tried just the 1gb corsair kit, and this did the same thing. I then tried to put each 512mb stick by itself in and same result.

Does this mean both sticks are bad? I just got them today from zipzoomfly.

thanks..

Welcome to the forums, Rich1!

Dell's are notoriously picky as to what RAM they will accept, FYI and the BIOS gives you zero options.

Have you tried running Memtest86+ with only one module installed at a time to see where the errors come up?

Also, did you get VS1GBKIT400 or VS1GBKIT400C3? I think the C3 version might actually work a little better in the Dell's because of latencies...

PLUR

CK

Candykid,

thanks for your reply. I called corsair tech support a few days ago and was told the VS series ram don't work with del computers. He suggested getting the system select ram which is much more expensive. Is this true that only that ram will work with my system?

What about the VS1GBKIT400C3 ?

thanks..

Archived