Corsair Community

Hooking up LL and ML fans

PsychoDave

Im not sure if I have this straight or not...

I have the H115i Platinum which comes with 2 140mm ML fans.

I would like to add 3 120mm LL fans to the front of my tower and 1 144mm LL fan to the back. In order to sync the fans lighting do I need 2 RGB fan hubs and a lightning node pro?

If i want to add 2 more 120mm fans to the bottom of the case I would need the Commander Pro, right?

Thanks for the clarification

Dave

The Platinum coolers have their own internal light controller, so the 2 ML-RGB fans can run from that - both lighting and power. In iCUE, you will direct their lighting from the cooler device panel and not the LNP or Commander Pro device.

Make sure you get one triple pack of LL120s to get the LNP and RGB Lighting Hub. The 3x120 and 1x140 will plug into the MB for fan power and the RGB Lighting Hub for lighting power. The RGB hub then connects to the Lighting Node Pro. Each RGB hub has 6 ports, so the 4 front/back fans plus 2 more for the bottom still keeps you on one hub.

You only need a Commander Pro is you want desktop software control over the fans via iCUE, instead of the BIOS. The C-Pro would replace the LNP in the system. It is a LNP plus fan controller.

Also see: Zotty's Guide