Corsair Community

RGB Lighting in 1000D Build

Battousai

Hello all, I'm currently starting a build in a Corsair 1000D case and this is my first build using RGB lighting and I've laid out what I "think" will work but I'd love to be corrected or have input as I have a few questions.

Sorry in advance for not having a visual diagram. At this point I've laid this all out on paper and it "looks" good to me but I need community input.

First off this is what I am planning....

8 x Front Intake Fans (LL120's)

6 x Top Exhaust Fans on Push/Pull config on a Kraken x 72 (ML120's)

2 x Rear Exhaust Fans (LL120's)

3 x Commander Pro's (1 came with case, purchased 2 additional)

5 x RGB Fan hubs (won't need all but I purchased various 3x kits that including it)

My Plan of wiring is the following:

6 of the 8 front fans to Commander Pro #1 and RGB Fan Hub #1. RGB Fan Hub #1 will connect to this Commander Pro #1's LED Port. Commander Pro #1 will connect to motherboard's USB port.

2 of 8 remaining front fans and the 2 Rear Exhaust Fans to Commander Pro #2 and RGB Fan Hub #2. RGB Fan Hub #2 will connect to Commander Pro #2's LED Port. Commander Pro #2 will connect to Commander Pro #1's USB slot.

6 Top fans will connect to Commander Pro #3 and RGB Fan Hub #3. RGB Fan Hub #3 will connect to Commander Pro# 3's LED Port. Commander Pro #3 will connect to Commander Pro #1's last remaining USB slot.

My Questions....

1) My approach was to create a clean layout without using splitters, but should I? I can probably get all 8 fans into 1 commander pro with a few splitters I'm sure. If so what should be approach be? 8 on Commander Pro #1 and 8 on RGB Hub #1?

2) Is it smart to connect both Commander Pro #2 and #3 to Commander Pro #1's two USB ports? I'm worried about overloading that one Commander Pro or should I just daisy chain them together? CP#1 to Mobo, CP#2 to CP#1's USB Port and CP#3 to CP#2's USB Port.

3) I'm using 2 types of fans LL's for the case and ML's for the Kraken x72. I'm aware they have different RGB profiles so is my plan of keeping it all ML's on Commander Pro #3 and RGB Hub #3 a good plan?