Corsair Community

GPU load causes LL fan LEDs to go crazy

hughjazz44

I have iCue version 3.20.80.

Whenever I play a game or load the GPU, after a short while, the LL fans in my system will start flashing random colors, and then the animations will just freeze. It doesn't seem to affect any of my other peripherals (K70, Harpoon, LED strips). Only the fans go crazy.

What gives???

Edit: I've tried different Lighting Nodes, and they all do the same thing.

• Corsair Employees

Hi,

I would suggests disabling SDK on the icue software, you may be playing a game that has interaction with iCUE software such as -Far Cry 5 -Far Cry New Dawn -Metro Exodus-The Division 2. if that is not the case you may have another RGB software that may be clashing with iCUE.

Let me know if this helps,

Kind regards,

I had the same problem and it appeared suddenly from nowhere. I tried two different version of ICUE and both version created same problem with my LL120 fans Led´s when I played Digital Combat Simulation. My solution was to adjust the fan curves so that the temperature went down in the chassi. My GPU (RTX 2080Ti) went down from 75 degrees celcius down to 65 degrees cecius. I have now just played the same game for maybe 3 hours and the problem seems gone. I have also tried Unigine benchmark for at least 1 hour without any heat related problem. Edited by Aqua_HeaD