Corsair Community

K70 Rapidfire Cherry No Response or Detection

Cha3n

The keyboard was lighting up, but not responding to any key presses or lighting changes. It was also not being detected by windows. I attempted to perform a soft reset with the ESC key and a replug-in, holding esc for 5 seconds before releasing. The soft reset did not work after 10+ attempts.

I requested a firmware file from support for a hard reset. I made a backup of the previous firmware file before replacing it. After replacing the firmware file on the keyboard, the keyboard was no longer lighting up when plugged in to the computer. I attempted multiple soft resets that did not work, and I rebooted my computer several times. There is no response from key presses and windows does not detect anything being plugged in.

When I placed the previous firmware file back into the keyboard, the keyboard lighted up when plugged in to the computer but is still not being detected and none of the buttons produce any response.

If anyone has any experience with this issue or can offer any solution, please advise.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I was trying the keyboard in another computer.

The issue is now resolved. The first customer service representative sent me the incorrect firmware file. I suspected that this was the case because the file had "RGB" in the filename, whereas my keyboard is a Cherry (red only) keyboard.

A different customer service representative sent me the correct firmware file this morning. The keyboard is now functioning properly.

Thanks again.