Corsair Community

Corsair TWINX1024-3200XLPT

aRok

I just bought this along with a amd64 3500+ win and a dfi-sli dr board and I understand that this ram should automatically set to timings of 2-2-2-5 but when I checked to see what they were they were @ 2-3-2-5 is this right? Is this ram compatible with a AMD 64? What would be the recommended for the lowest timings possible?

So what memory do you recommend I should have with my type of system? DFI-SLI DR, BFG 6800 GT OC, WD raptor 36G, Do you think the memory I have is fine? When I benchmarked my pc using the ntune software my memory wasnt up to par with there ref marker it was a little below considering my system I thought it would be way above average everything else was.

The only other choice that I would recommend is the 4400C25. It is based off of the same IC (TCCD) just tested to a higher speed and latency. The 3200XL is perfect for what you have. You can manually adjust the timings in BIOS to be 2-2-2-7 and you will see a small improvement in performance. I would also suggest benchmarking with Everest to get performance #'s.

Archived