Corsair Community

VS1GSDS333 x CMSS1GB-333SOD

Nickos-1

I'm planning to upgrade my PowerBook G4 1.67GHz, and heard of people using either of these in their Macs... What would be the major differences between these two, or which one would be more beneficial in terms of performance/speed. Is CAS latency of 2.5 a real substantial advantage instead of 3.0? Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Please use the module suggest by our memory configurator or the module suggested by the manufacturer. And System Select modules would meet the OEM system builder’s specification. Where as Value Select would be built to our specification.

Please use the module suggest by our memory configurator or the module suggested by the manufacturer. And System Select modules would meet the OEM system builder’s specification. Where as Value Select would be built to our specification.

Yeah, thanks, I know about that, it comes up CMSS1GB-333SOD as the recommended, but I know of people using VS1GSDS333 with same or better results, apparently, without compromising anything and significantly cheaper than the former.

Besides, when I search by Corsair Model Type for VS1GSDS333, it comes up like "Unfortunatley no systems have been listed with the memory you searched".

One merchant states they have a VS1GSDS333 model with CAS latency 2.5. Is it true?...

So I am about to buy two modules, I could save $100 if model VS1GSDS333 is compatible, as long its CAS latency is 2.5...

By the way, where can I get the specs for these memories?

I really appreciate if you have any further comments or headsup regarding this.

Regards,

Nickos-1

• Corsair Employees
If you will replace the modules you have now and you do NOT have memory soldered on the MB; you should be able to use Value Select modules with out problems. And the settings for this part# would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR333.

Archived