Corsair Community

H115i Platinum Testing

Zairros

You can hook it up to SATA power and jump it ... just like you'd do for a custom loop.

So can i just jump it with my Spare PSU ? Just Plug it on sata power and jump the psu right ? No need to plug the Pump connector to mobo right ?

If you still have a cpu cooling device in place, you can simply connect the Platinum to a spare SATA header and put it on the table. No fans necessary. However, I am not sure what that will tell you. If it is going to leak, it will be doing right now in the plastic bag.

If you still have a cpu cooling device in place, you can simply connect the Platinum to a spare SATA header and put it on the table. No fans necessary. However, I am not sure what that will tell you. If it is going to leak, it will be doing right now in the plastic bag.

So I dont have to test it to know if my product is leaking or not? If its leaking then its leaking from first i open the box right ?

There probably is some measure of pressure increase with the pump on, but since there aren’t open connectors like with custom cooling, there really are not a lot of danger points — slash open a hose (very unlikely) or pull the tubes out of the block. However, it only takes a few minutes to hook up the SATA line and power it on if that puts your mind at ease.

So I dont have to test it to know if my product is leaking or not? If its leaking then its leaking from first i open the box right ?

Pretty much, yeah. It does happen occasionally and it's super-obvious. There will be water damage on the cardboard if it's isn't still wet.

But if you wanna be paranoid and run a test, you can jump the PSU and run with it just on SATA. Remember: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you. They are. :cool: