Corsair Community

Expected Response Times

All,

I submitted an RMA request approximately a week ago. It took at least a day to get the case assigned. It took another few days to get a response. I received a response only after I asked to archive the request as the case owner was unresponsive. And had created a second RMA request.

At that time, I was asked to provide proof of purchase. A few days later (Today), I was asked to provide a video of the issue seen.

Now, I had already replaced the part, a cooling fan, as it was pretty much failed. I have another fan that acts up occasionally. The reason for the RMA.

Support is very unresponsive and does not communicate via the ticket system. And I don't believe I should have to call in and take that time out of my day to get a response. Why does Corsair have a ticketing system built around email(Zendesk) if they don't use it?

I have read dozens of posts on the forums here and other sites about the horrible customer service. Fortunately, and unfortunately, this is the first time I have seen bad customer service from Corsair. Noting I have only had a couple issues over the years.

I have been very happy with the products (x460 Crystal case fill with SP120 RGB fans, Corsair Vengeance memory, H110i AIO cooler, Void RGB 7.1 wireless headset along in this build)

But after reading this forum table alone, there are many people complaining about the support customer service. I don't know if I have a lousy rep helping me or if this is the standard. Also, I don't know if I should expect to even receive the RMA at this point. I am close to the end of the warranty and if they won't respond, well, I may miss it.

And for the Corsair employees that monitor the forums and attempt damage control, my case is #2000807471.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

I am very sorry about that, we did recently transfer over to Zendesk, and it is taking longer than usual for us to get to tickets. Do not worry about the warranty as we will honor it since the ticket was made before it has expired, if that can help ease some things. We do our best to make sure we can help customers as best as we can. I will get an agent to help look into this for you for the time being.

Hello,

I am very sorry about that, we did recently transfer over to Zendesk, and it is taking longer than usual for us to get to tickets. Do not worry about the warranty as we will honor it since the ticket was made before it has expired, if that can help ease some things. We do our best to make sure we can help customers as best as we can. I will get an agent to help look into this for you for the time being.

I did get a response, finally, around 10 minutes ago. I was told that I have to produce a video of the issue with my cooling fans. Well, I removed the most problematic one of the two.

I do not plan to take the time to reinstall the bad fan and wait to see if it acts up. Just to take a video.

Is there a direct way to go to L2? Does L2 handle RMA? Can I get in contact with a manger? Can I do any of this via web or email? I don't favor waiting in queue on the phone for the duration it will take to get to someone, hence, why I want web or email.

...In retrospect to what I have dealt with so far, I would say this is going to turn into a "Never buy Corsair again" type of experiences...I would project that I will go back and forth with the original rep, will get nowhere, will not talk to management, will not talk to L2 or higher, will not get my RMA...Will essentially, not buy Corsair in the future as RMA is not a guarantee and the hoops to jump through, well, are not worth it. Edited by theotherdan

I'll see if we can get your RMA going, I do apologize that they are making you feel like you're going through a loop, as they are just following the process of an RMA and was asking those requests to see what is going on with the device.

I appreciate the effort, the rep told me they will not RMA without proof of the issue.

I apologize, We would need something to prove our move on replacing the unit that you have.