Corsair Community

ICUE disabling Loudness Equalization in windows (Dynamic Range Compression)

namidaka

I was playing PUBGF with ICUE installed and couldn't not hear any footstep. The sound was nost loud even though everything was at 100%.

A friend suggested i tick the Loudness Equalization here :

http://www.infonam.fr/loudness.png

I couldn't see it. I then realized my friend didn't have ICUE installed , and Uninstalled it. It appeared right after i uninstalled it.

This option is really important in PUBG because it It makes quiet sound louder , and loud sound quieter. Here what wikipedia says about it :

Dynamic range compression (DRC) or simply compression is an audio signal processing operation that reduces the volume of loud sounds or amplifies quiet sounds thus reducing or compressing an audio signal's dynamic.

Why does ICUE disable it? Why isn't the option at least available in ICUE?

• 11 months later...
Hey man hows it going? Anyways I've always wanted to use the icue software for my mouse. Couldn't ha e it ok stalled cause I have a Void Pro headset an I wanted to use windows loudness equalization. I have found a fix. I'm able to have ICUE installed an still use Winodws loudness equalization. So what I did was open up device manager right clicked on my headset an uninstalled the device. That literally worked for me hope it works for you or anyone else experiencing this issue.