Corsair Community

Firmware update failed. Cant connect to pc anymore.

I did upgrade the firmware yesterday for my k63 keyboard since it appear in my icue program. The program asked me to connect the keyboard to PC with usb cord and the upgrade went on to half way then it stopped and the upgrade dialog box dissapeared. After that my keyboard cant connect wireless to my PC anymore.

I tried whatever they said in the corsair web the RESET and NOTHING happen to me at all. I personally think that i have to flash the keyboard bios in order to step back to older firmware but i cant find the way to CONTACT CORSAIR SUPPORT TEAM at all.

I read the older post they said about ticket but i dont get it. I dont know how to get a ticket so PLEASE help me, i just want it to work. This keyboard is very expensive to me and i couldnt afford a new one. :(::(::(::(::(:

Sounds like it updated the keyboard, but not the dongle. You need to be wired AND have the dongle installed. Make sure that neither is on an external USB hub, only flash directly from PC's USB ports. Just rerun the flash process. If you still have issues, try different USB ports. Sometimes the updater doesn't like USB 3.1 ports from my experiences. If your system has legacy 2.0 ports, try those.

thanx Apophis3. I think you are right. I tried update last night and it went through fine with the way you said but it still cant connect wirelessly with the dongle. Now in the icue it show 2 keyboards one is usb wired and one is wireless but with exclamation mark on it. it got me headache. since. i successfully updated the firmware, now i cant find any update firmware button in the program. what should i do?

Under Settings, you can hit the Update Firmware button, and choose "Force Update". This will rerun the flash process. You will probably also have to run the "Pairing" option too when it's updated, so the dongle and kb pair up again. Edited by Apophis3

• 9 months later...
cool story but you just get the same old crap response that i have had from this POS keyboard since i owned it. 1 turn on your device and plug in the usb wireless reciever. 2.... blah blah blah same message every goddamn time, never works, reboot, uninstall install in windows every config never bloody works. appreciate people trying to help but this piece of junk needs a bullet

• 10 months later...
cool story but you just get the same old crap response that i have had from this POS keyboard since i owned it. 1 turn on your device and plug in the usb wireless reciever. 2.... blah blah blah same message every goddamn time, never works, reboot, uninstall install in windows every config never bloody works. appreciate people trying to help but this piece of junk needs a bullet

So I encountered this problem also, no matter how many times I tried, until I just tried this lol.

Both wifi dongle and wire was unplugged. I plugged keyboard into wire connection and launched iCue software, detected keyboard and requested update. Clicked update, which presents the 3 step instructions. Well all I did was plug in the wifi dongle and it just initiated the update.. completed successfully first time. Final step was to unplug the wire, power off/on keyboard THEN disconnect and reconnect the dongle. BOOM

Trust me I feel your pain, I was following the 3 steps for update down to a tee, only difference is when it was failing I already had the dongle connected and it would fail at different stages (20%, 38%, 42% etc)