Corsair Community

Difference between SP and ML FANS

Rishav

Hi

I want to purchase new Corsair CPU liquid cooler and gone through some on Corsair site.

One is H100i Platinum RGB and H100i Pro RGB which have ML series FAN?

Does both model include same series of ML FAN?

Other one is H100i Extreme cooling and H100i V2 Extreme cooling which have SP series Fans?

Does both model include same series of SP FAN?

And I am confused which series i will choose for Liquid CPU cooler whether its ML or SP?

I want to mount on top side of chassis? Which one will work best here for overclocked CPU?

The Platinum series coolers have higher speed ML fans included with them. That said, in most use cases, the lower speed ML provides plenty of performance - in most cases the extra speed doesn't improve cooling much, if at all, but it does increase noise.

The H100i Extreme and H100iV2 do, I believe, have the same SP series fans. These coolers (and fans) are older designs. The ML fans are much, much quieter than those SP series fans and perform as well or better. So - the ML fans are, in general, preferable to the SP fans.

Mounting on top of chassis as exhaust does present challenges as internal case heat, primarily from the GPU but also, to a limited extent, from the VRM, does exhaust through the radiator. This has an impact on the cooler's performance.

Thanks for your response.

But i have heard that For Radiators Static pressure FANs are recommended for higher performance than ML series FAN.

And do you mean mounting on top pf chassis as exhaust will pull internal case heat towards radiator which can make impact on cooler's performance.

So if that is so, then where we mount the Radiator in chassis (Front, top , Rear) Fans will pull internal case heat towards Radiator. so there is no solution for same.