Corsair Community

[Cables] Corsair TX750M v2011 and TX850M v2017

kd276

As the title said, i already own a old but excellent Corsair semi modular TX750M. In these last days i upgrade my rig after 8 years and so i need a new PSU, the TX850M v2017 is very similar to the old 2011 one but with less fixed clables and more modularity.

I read good reviews about this one so i bought it, but i noticed that it have only 1 4+4 fixed EPS12V cable and not the modular one like the old model.

My question is, can i use the EPS12V cable of the old 2011 TX750M for the new 2017 TX850M? Seems it plug very well at first sign but i need to be sure, i don't want to do any damage.

This is a dump of the old 2011 cable:

H7I0v6x.jpg

Thanks if a corsair technician or a user who own both can help me to solve this matter.

ps: This cable is not mandatory atm, since my motherboard have only 1 8-pin EPS12v, i just ask for future reference since already there are some motherboard with 2 of these 8 pin EPS and because can be nice to recycle such cables from my old psu.

Edited by kd276

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for the reply, in the image you link above there is no 8-pin EPS12V in the T-MX column, only in the fixed one, is very odd since i have the T-MX modular cables in my hands. Is ok anyway?

The modular PCIe/EPS12V cables are the same pinout where they plug into the PSU.

Do you actually need two CPU power connectors? What kind of CPU and OC are you planning on?

The modular PCIe/EPS12V cables are the same pinout where they plug into the PSU.

Do you actually need two CPU power connectors? What kind of CPU and OC are you planning on?

No, i don't need 2 8-pin cpu power connectors, 1 is enought for my z370 and 9700k, BUT i noticed that some motherboard have 2 of those pins, so i'm asking just for reference and for the future, nothing mandatory i need atm.

Anyway i want to thank you to confirm that my cables are compatible between different version (2011 and 2017) of the same TX-M serie.

Arrived today but i RMA it, coil whine is terrible, the 2011 version didn't have this issue at all. The whistle effect near the fan is impossible to handle, it make me sick.

Hope i got a wrong unit and hopefully the replaced one will not have the same identical issue or i'm forced to give up.

Edited by kd276