Corsair Community

So after after 4 "faulty" h100 i pros and a used one i get air bubbles...

achperez

After getting 4 h100 i pros with a different cpu fan connector than the usual one, and getting a used unit sold as new from amazon (thats 5 h100i pros in a month), i got a new unit this time it didnt came from spain, it came from germany and SURPRISE! the same cpu fan connector.

I have a support ticket open to corsair, and it took them 13 days to reply asking what i was already asking. So they didnt even tell me an answer.

So i decided to mount up this one, and performance is the same, the cpu connector really doesnt make any difference but, i have an air bubble issue.

I noticed it when i turned off the system, it sounded for a very brief moment like when you sip with a straw, the sound comes from the pump undoubtedly, and i can hear the bubbles also when set in balance mode and with all the case fans off. I have the radiator mounted at the top with the hoses going down to the pump. I ve noticed the sound completely stops when i lay the case down flat.

Is there anything i can do? It doesnt bother me much, can i just use this one without risking my pc.

Im sick and tired and Corsair has done 0 effort to help me.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by achperez

Like i said the loudest it gets is when i turn off the computer, for a second when power goes off it sounds as when you sip the last liquid from somewhere with a straw then quiet (obviously). Also no bubble sound when starting the system.

And only in balance mode i can hear some faint clicks and pops if i have all the things that can make noise on my pc completely off, nothing like those rattles and grinds ive seen and heard in videos around.

I was asking because its been a month trying to find a proper unit like the one i had, i gave up at that task (because corsair wont give me an answer) and now i have this...

So do i mount the old one again and rma or what (temps are the same and the pumps are even quieter with this new one)

Im really tired of this, i always liked Corsair except for keyboards, but im not sure if there will be a next time.

Tried running it with the case flat and the pump at max for like 1.5h, no luck

Thanks a lot

Edited by achperez

im a very sensitive person to repetitive noise, imagine a clock ticking in closed room kind of annoyment. With the old pump the normal sound it made, made resonance with the case resulting in very annyoing cricket like sound. And also someone mounted it for me and the screws going from the fans to the radiator that one of them ruined the hole completely

I know the feeling on noises. But as for the answer, that is up to you. If you think you can live with the sound might as well, but the messed up mount is a good argument not to. Last option is to reach out to one of the employees in here playing damage control and ask them a hearty 'WTF?'. Try Corsair Kevin and send him a PM with anything you can provide so it can be addressed properly.

The different cpu fan connectors? if thats what you mean with messed up mount, i dont really care anymore, they work the same, but corsair didnt say a thing (and i sent back and forth h100 i pro units for 3 weeks, when corsair could have said, yea both are legit no problem) and i could have had it installed 3 weeks ago

The basic steps for trying to work out bubbles are:

1) Try cycling the pump from low (Quiet) to high (extreme) and back and forth every 10 seconds or so. The aim is the change in pressure will push the bubbles out of the block.

2) Switch the pump to high and then gently tap the hoses and/or pump top. If that is not getting it done, rock the case backwards, sideways or whatever direction is needed so the pump block is below the hose inlet/outlet.

3) Last (and definitely save this for last) is to take of the block and shake it or take out the entire cooler and shake is particularly stubborn. Obviously no scientific merit to this approach and hit or miss on results. Mildly cathartic.

These sounds can be hard to describe. Most people would characterize it as a static or uneven popping/clicking. Bubbles are not rhythmic and should not sound like persistent electrical hum. Take a look at this thread and see if your case is similar to the video. The slurping straw thing is a bit unusual, but possible.

I remember this "one wire" CPU connector thing. You got more like this? It sounds like they got bad batch of wire connectors from whoever makes those for the product. If you still have any of them, grab the lot number off the box/cooler so they can chase those down.