Corsair Community

iCUE Sending Different Colors with Instant Lighting?

nctowle

I have had an issue with the RGB not the same on all peripherals - this is mostly due to when the color is set to "white". I thought it was just the peripherals themselves not being able to generate the same exact white color.

However, today I was using instant lighting and trying to troubleshoot some fan flickering issues, and decided to plug the RGB from one of my fans into the LED header from the CPU Cooler. It should have been the same color, but it was instead a very yellow color, rather than the bright white/blue it was before.

So I know the fan is capable of generating the bright white/blue color, but for whatever reason there is an issue making it be yellow on some devices. Has anyone experienced this?

eAktm3om.jpg

694zsSpm.jpg

Edited by nctowle

Did you adjust the brightness of the LEDs or the amount of "color" they have? (IE: lower from R:255 B:255 G:255 to say 128 or something) I have noticed that when you drop the, eh let's call it light level (rather buzzed right now and can't think of a better term atm), the RGB all respond differently to lower levels. Tend to start seeing the yellow come through because the red tends to over power the rest myself. Then again it could just be crap hardware, which is tending more and more towards that direction as I have been seeing.

Did you adjust the brightness of the LEDs or the amount of "color" they have? (IE: lower from R:255 B:255 G:255 to say 128 or something) I have noticed that when you drop the, eh let's call it light level (rather buzzed right now and can't think of a better term atm), the RGB all respond differently to lower levels. Tend to start seeing the yellow come through because the red tends to over power the rest myself. Then again it could just be crap hardware, which is tending more and more towards that direction as I have been seeing.

Nope, I had on "instant lighting", so everything should have been the same 255,255,255 white color. Seems like a software issue to me.

Nope, I had on "instant lighting", so everything should have been the same 255,255,255 white color. Seems like a software issue to me.

Might as well add that to the list of problems then. *sighs*

Just because this came to mind and seems valid if only a little dirty, did you wiggle it to see if it helps? :) But don't recall if you mentioned if you checked the connection.

Yeah the connection is very tight and good - no wiggle.