Corsair Community

How to use LL120 RGB fans with H150i RGB cooler?

Phillie

Hi, I'm new to the forum, thought it would be best to join as I have just purchased quite a few Corsair products, I'm currently building a PC with:

Corsair Carbide 275r Case

Corsair RM650x Gold PSU

Corsair Hydro Series H150i Cooler

Corsair CO-9050072-WW LL120 (3 RGB fan kit with controller)

Extra 3 x Corsar LL120 RGB fans

When I purchased the H150i RGB cooler I assumed the fans were RGB (like they are on the H100 & H50) but turns out they're standard fans so I've now bought the Corsair LL120 3 fan pack with controller (to replace the 3 standard fans on the cooler) and 3 additional LL120 RGB fans for the case, I'm wondering how I should connect these so the speed is controlled as per the original ones (which all 3 appear to plug into the cpu fan terminal on the motherboard) and the leds are controlled by the lighting node along with the 3 additional case fans. Hope that makes sense and any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks Phil

Connect the power connectors to the pumps controller - where the current ones are - and the lighting connectors to the RGB Fan LED Hub (with the other 3 fans). The fan hub is then connected to the Lighting Node Pro.

Check out the RGB FAQ in my sig ...

thanks for that, so the RGB fans have a separate lighting control cable? That's cool, I've just ordered them and are arriving tomorrow so I didn't know that, I assumed they were controlled from the board that's why I didn't know how to wire them up, I had a quick google but couldn't find any info so posted here, that's excellent I'll give it a go tomorrow and be back if I have any problems. Thanks.

thanks DevBiker, I probably should have read that before purchasing the fans. I've just read through and realise the LL series only show leds on the intake side which isn't great for my setup. My H150i is mounted on the front of the case with the fans on the inside sucking air through it (so the intake side is against the radiator) so I'm assuming you won't be able to see the leds? They are great for the case fans though as I have 2 mounted at the top and 1 on the back and I was concerned about light emitting from the top and back of the case so it's good to know I won't be seeing that as their intake side is inside. Anything else I can do to rectify the ones on the cooler, I take it you can't reverse the flow?

Right I've just re-thought this. So it looks like the only fans you can see leds on the output side are the ML RGB fans? They are the only option for my cooler & case arrangement, so can I send the 3 individual LL back and keep the 3 pack with lighting node (to use for the case fans) and then connect 3 individual ML RGB fans to the lighting node that comes with the 3 pack? Or do I need anything else?

Basically I'm thinking of cancelling my order for the 3 individual LL RGB fans and then getting 3 individual ML fans (like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-120-Premium-Magnetic-Levitation/dp/B076VDWDZ2/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=corsair+rgb+fans+ml&qid=1561991784&s=gateway&sr=8-6)

Thanks Phil