Corsair Community

I'm done with the Corsair mouse

DontBuyM65

I'll start off by saying that I own a Corsair keyboard, mousepad, headphones, and RAM and they're all great. However, I'm on my second M65 mouse in little over a year.

I purchased my first M65 from Best Buy and after a few months it started randomly double click (known issue as the forum search shows posts back from 2015). I contacted Best Buy and they said I had to go through Corsair to get a replacement. I contacted Corsair "customer support" and had to track down a physical copy of my receipt (which meant going back to Best Buy), then I was told I was going to have to pay out of pocket to ship the defective product to them. So that would be $10-$15, plus another $10-$15 for a cheap replacement while I wait for them to either fix the mouse or send a replacement.

Being halfway to a purchasing a brand new mouse (maybe mostly there if they charged me to ship a new mouse back), I decided to just buy one off of Amazon back in March since I thought the issue was a fluke and I really enjoyed using the mouse when it was working.

Well, guess what....4 months later, my M65 randomly double clicks and it also randomly fails to register a single click. So guess what, I'm done and I recommend anyone who is thinking about buying one of these to spend your money elsewhere.

Heh, reminds me of the M65 Pro (and it's replacement) that both started squeaking within a month of being opened when you used the scroll wheel. Best part it was the type of noise that would cut through the headset so I could hear it. M65 Elite now and it seems to be working fine. But the scroll wheel is a different style so that helps my issue. I would still RMA it and keep the new one as a backup in case you need to return the other.

That's what I have now. I've never had an issue with the wheel though....thankfully lol.

First my apologies for assuming you had the Pro. Secondly, now that I know you were talking about the M65 Elite, FML, yet another thing to be concerned about, couldn't you have gone along with me? ....I hate you. :P

I'm on my 4th Corsair Scimitar in about 2 years, every 6 to 8 months the left click starts double clicking or failing to click. Today I finally figured out why.

Well, at least you have spares :) I miss my G9x.

Well, at least you have spares :) I miss my G9x.

It’s definitely frustrating to look at these as short term investments. I used to have the lighted mouse mat, a K70 and the scimitar. Between the bugs with iCue and this mouse issue. I just lost most of my interest in their stuff. Ordered a Logitech G600 go test as well.

It’s definitely frustrating to look at these as short term investments. I used to have the lighted mouse mat, a K70 and the scimitar. Between the bugs with iCue and this mouse issue. I just lost most of my interest in their stuff. Ordered a Logitech G600 go test as well.

Yeeeeah.....I got to the same way with Logitech when I bought a G710+ keyboard and the first one was a strobe light on the LEDs, got a replacement from them and that had a dead spacebar and the third just failed to power up at all. All of these were brand new out of the box used for maybe a total of 15 minutes across all three.

Sent you a PM.