Corsair Community

Any way to make hardware profile the default when iCue is running?

revoc

For my K70 Mk.2 keyboard, in iCue I have four lighting profiles - 3 hardware and 1 software. Say I want to pick a hardware profile for my keyboard. I select it in iCue, but when I click on another window or minimize iCue to taskbar it immediately switches to the software profile. This despite me moving the hardware profile to the very top position in the iCue UI. So in order for me to use the lighting profile I want when iCue is running I have to create a new software profile and copy all the lighting effects to that profile?

Yes, software profiles are for when iCUE is running. Hardware profiles are for when it is not. There are additional restrictions about the number of lighting effects, kind, action capability, etc. with hardware profiles and obviously you can't do the same things running off the little chip in the keyboard compared to your main system. The hardware profile is also a means to effective saving only the parts that work in hardware mode.

When you select the HW mode in iCUE, it is giving you a preview and chance to see what it looks like. It's not really functional. If you have complex lighting patterns you've made in a profile, you can copy it to the Lighting Library and then copy back in to another profile. However, you will still need to apply it to the appropriate sections.