Corsair Community

I bought a new H100i pro but the CPU FAN cable is different to my other h100i pro

achperez

Hello everyone,

Like i said in the title recently i bought another unit of H100i pro for another system i have but this time the CPU FAN connector is different. IT has only one cable attached to it. My current H100i pro has 2 cables going from the pump to the connector.

I saw this as a defect and returned it to the store, they didnt hesitate to change it for another unit, but, i got sent one new with the say "problem".

Ive seen other older versions of h100 using this cpu fan connector with only one cable but never an h100i pro. Searched around for photos etc and all h100i pros Ive seen have 2 cables to the cpu fan connector. I already escalated a ticket to corsair support and the store where i bought it is asking me to sending back for another replacement.

Im desperate and at a completely loss. Some insight would be appreciated.

I provide photos of both.

Thank you

1851536084_cpufan1cable.thumb.jpeg.e0c08a0016b2d168bfce61c2a3b5b8ee.jpeg

1458128880_cpufan2cable(MIH100IPRO).thumb.jpeg.e373af0f0db74fbcdbfbd5f448154648.jpeg

All the Pro coolers should have a 2 wire lead (fused) that splits apart just before the 3 socket connector with the leads going to 1+3 -- just like picture 2. That is a tachometer/speed reading only and does not supply power, but no reason to install it and then have to take it back down again.

Forgot to ask something.

My corsair link reads the pump speed between 2070-2100rpms on balanced mode.

The less stressed the system is the more it goes towards the 2070 rpm mark and viceversa.

On a normal environment its changing constantly between 2070-2100.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks a lot again

Yes (sort of). The pump speed is a prediction based on a short interval of time. It counts the revolutions for say 2 seconds, then multiplies this out to create a RPM number we expect. However, there is some rounding going on before the conversion and this makes for very even numbers. As such, on the Pro coolers the RPM will always move in +-30 rpm increments. It makes it seem like there is a some speed change, but in reality 72.55 resolutions in 2 seconds turns into 2160 rpm and 72.46 revolutions turns into 2130 rpm. Tiny fractional differences in the sample interval are being multiplied out to seem like a meaningful difference. It is not. You are likely hovering just around a rounding mark and this makes it seem like there is a steady fluctuation. In reality, it is a tiny fraction of a revolution.