Corsair Community

H80i V2 - Can I control speed of 3 pin fans witch iCUE or I need to replace them.

AngriestBart

I'm using h80i v2 and recently replaced all my stock fans for Noctua NF-A12x25 3 Pin, because Corsair stock and NZXT are very loud and temperatures are way better after using Noctua, but I noticed that fans in iCUE spinning all the time around 2000 RPM, and can't be control.

Did quick google, most posts are from 2016/17 so maybe there is a way, apparently iCUE can't control 3 Pin fans, so did I just F myself and I need to buy new set of fans? or there is some other way?

And how iCUE can't control 3 pin fans when CAM from NZXT can?

No, the fan controller on the H80i v2 (and every other AIO from every brand) is PWM. There is nothing accidental about this and you’re not going to find voltage regulation on these things. Some dedicated fan controllers, including the Corsair Commander Pro, can operate in both PWM and DC mode. This not a program limitation. The Kraken series can’t do DC 3 pin fans either.

Your possible solutions are: 1) swap the DC motor fans you have for the identical PWM model. 2) Move the 3 pin fans to the motherboard. Most have dual 3/4 pin capability. 3) Another fan controller that works with iCUE/Link (Commander Pro) or other similar product.