Corsair Community

280X Fans

prambo

Hey,

This is my first attempt at building a PC in the last 10 years so forgive me if this is a basic question.

I am looking at using the 280X but on a review i was reading it mentions it can have 3 x 240mm radiators.

https://www.hackint0sh.org/best-micro-atx-case/

On the spec it also mentions it can take 280mm radiators, but can it take 3 x 280mm radiators?

Not so sure about that. You have three optional 240mm placements (top/bottom/front), but three simultaneously is something else. In reality, the bottom is hard to use with a 240mm and fans if you have a discrete GPU. If you don’t have a discrete GPU, you certainly don’t need multiple radiators. Even the most plausible top and front dual system will require specific orientation for hoses and a keen eye on GPU length.

If you really need a triple radiator build, a mini-ATX seems like hard work. This would surely be a custom water loop. Maybe a 5.25 size pump/res can go on the cold half, but you still will face obstacles. Probably need specific advice from someone who has the case in front of them. I don’t think you can do more than 1x280 as the dual top/front junction is going to be extremely tight.