Corsair Community

New build , advise wanted

Madhaze

Hello all

I was planning a new build using the Corsair LL series RGB fans , cooler and light strips etc . Though I'm having second thoughts after reading that many are having issues with the Icue software , usb disconnect and profile issues. Is this software still plagued with problems ? does it effect all, most or do some get lucky??

I'm planning a new Ryzen 3000 build and I have ordered this Coolermaster case https://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-masterbox-mb530p-addressable-rgb-mid-tower-pc-case-tempered-glass-windows-atxmitx-3x-1?gclid=CjwKCAjw583nBRBwEiwA7MKvoM7ipRfN3ba59IZg5vAq36xfPWAdabvQkPQHbiUWCyj1AXLH4jggpRoCk5QQAvD_BwE

I'd like to replace the front coolermaster fans on this case with LL series fans and use the corsair rgb ecosystem . Though reading so many posts highlighting software problems I'm not sure whether to go this route or not? I just want a funky RGB setup to satisfy my midlife crisis . But I need it all to work! lol ;)

Please advise , or convince me it will all work fine as I love the look of the LL series fans and the effects corsair offer. :D

Have a great day!

EDIT: Is the usb disconnect problem worse for people that own the H100i platinum cooler? I was going to buy this for the RGB but I already have a i100 v2 that I can place LL fans on.

Edited by Madhaze

Though I'm having second thoughts after reading that many are having issues with the Icue software , usb disconnect and profile issues. Is this software still plagued with problems ? does it effect all, most or do some get lucky??

Please advise , or convince me it will all work fine as I love the look of the LL series fans and the effects corsair offer. :D

Have a great day!

EDIT: Is the usb disconnect problem worse for people that own the H100i platinum cooler? I was going to buy this for the RGB but I already have a i100 v2 that I can place LL fans on.

The answer is yes. Though they are getting a handle on it, albeit slowly. Per my experience with the disconnect/reconnect issue I cannot state that the issue is not happening still because of other hardware issues (looking at you CoPro) but I had committed fully by the time I realized just how bad it was. That said, Corsair does seem to be getting their act together on this.

My personal advice is to do your research, which you are/have. Everything is bloody amazing when it works properly. And really really REALLY badly when it doesn't. Also the fans are just affected by the bug, they aren't the cause of it.

Just do your homework and go with your gut.

Remember you only read the bad bits online and the happy people rarely run to get online and sing songs of praise for their new toy... huge numbers of those fans get sold and i am sure its a small number that go wrong like any product,,,, fear not :). fitted and played with many LL fans my self and never had an issue..

anyways... its prob worth having a read of the below linked FAQ.. covers Corsair's RGB Eco System in detail including set up diagrams...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

good luck on your quest dude :)..

Asus is probably best for RGB control out of all of the brands. Gigabyte by the looks of it has the best cooling solution for x570 - well at least for their high end boards.

Asus also recently released their SDK so in theory you could also sync your Asus aura devices with ICUE here. If going for that case you might want to wire up the front button ARGB header to the motherboard ARGB header or a LNP if you know what you are doing but rather stick with the easier route. Your Asus motherboard just needs a ARGB header and you should be good to go.

My system specs:

Corsair 1000W PSU

X370 Pro

1800x OC'd to 4Ghz

64GB RAM

H115i Pro

2 x LL140

1 x LL120

4 LED strips

2 x NZXT internal USB hubs (I used a different HUB and failed miserably)

I'm having no problems, none that constitute a deal breaker, I rather love iCUE. Here are some pointers.

The trick also is never to run an app at 100% usage. That will starve iCUE / Corsair service from having enough Cycles then your iCUE will start giving problems.

I use Process lasso to set my heavy apps to have a CPU affinity of 4-15 (16 threads) leaving at least 2 threads (1 physical core + 1 logical (hyperthreading) core) for iCUE to work problem free.

If you also use HWinfo or some other monitoring app you need to disable "SupportCorsairAsete" to "0" (zero) in the INI file (easiest way)

Just like this:

"SupportCorsairAsetek=0"

I know there are certain chipsets that have problems with iCUE but is certainly not mine.

iCUE will not play well with Sleep mode. In sleep mode your AIO and LED stuff goes to hardware mode, which works fine, but you'll not be able to use iCUE once you log in. You'll need to restart your PC.

If you wanna use only hardware mode and use iCUE only to tweak things and be closed all the time everything will work fine going in and out of sleep (since is all hardware mode)

Your AIO fan curves and basic hardware animations will work, no problem at all.

You can prevent iCUE from opening at startup, you'll also need to set the "corsair service" service to "manual" so it doesn't load up when you log in.

In my experience, I've learn to come to terms to the fact iCUE uses a tad bit more CPU than your average monitor app (namely coretemp)

The advantages of being able to monitor and also use complex animations is a real plus that justifies those 2% CPU usage.

I would guess, the more corsair RGB hardware you put into the system the more CPU iCUE will use.

I can imagine RGB keyboards (which I don't own) being particularly heavy because they have over 100 LEDs (unless you run them in HW mode)

Here's how it looks:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Sacco Belmonte

• Corsair Employee

The "disconnect/reconnect" issue was specifically related to the Platinum coolers on a very specific motherboard chipset. Any other similar issue on any other product is 9/10 a hardware related issue.

That being said, if you do experience issues, they can certainly be posted here for user assistance. You can also create a ticket at support.corsair.com, and we can arrange for a replacement if that's necessary, or forward the information to the dev team for a fix through an update.